Weekday rides in Palm Springs?

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by kyoseki, May 22, 2009.

1. kyoseki

kyoseki New Member

Apparently I'm an artist of some description
    Ok, so work has decided to give me pretty much all of June off and I'm going to head out to Palm Springs for a couple of days with the gf.

She's a runner, but I'm planning on bringing my road bike to hopefully get a decent ride in sometime early in the morning before it gets stupid hot.

Can anyone recommend a decent route I can complete in 2.5-3 hours? Say something in the 40-50 mile range?

Thanks.

2. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    Considering where you are there are tons of roads you could ride in the morning and never even be bothered by cars. Dogs on the other hand can be a problem. If you get away from the downtown area it's really a great place to ride and the heat doesn't become a factor till after 11am.

3. kyoseki

kyoseki New Member

Good to know about the heat, thanks.

We're heading out there probably middle of the month, so I'm hoping it doesn't got much hotter.

I found a desert cycling club that lists a few rides on their website, I might see if I can hook up with them and get some miles in, although I'm lacking any real group riding experience and I don't want to be "that guy" :)

4. heavypedal

heavypedal Member

Teacher
    You can come up my way and ride through the Joshua Tree National Park or some of the other routes we do, like Pioneer Town, etc. I am pretty new to the road bike thing, but have had a fun time with it. Palm Springs is only 20-30 minute drive from here. I live in Yucca Valley.

~James

5. IDY-Craig

IDY-Craig Lake Arrowhead

Animals
  6. kyoseki

kyoseki New Member

Joshua Tree sounds awesome, but I don't think I'll get the chance to head up there this time, I'm definitely down for a trip out later in the year though., thanks :)
    That 50 mile route looks like a pretty good ride, plus it looks like you're not far from where I'll be staying, I'll give you a shout closer to the time if you fancy a ride :)