Super Stoked on Jenson...

Discussion in 'Jenson USA' started by Tmik, Jan 9, 2012.

1. blindman_22

blindman_22 HAB Crew President

computer stuff
    sorry to bring back an old thread, but i've always had good experiences with price matching at jenson. to back up the claims that blue sky sells oem parts without letting the customer know, i just received my order of xt brakes from blue sky that had no retail packaging. just a plastic bag for each brake. their site never indicated that these were oem. do i care? nope, but i can see why jenson wouldn't match blue sky for shimano parts. they have no way of knowing what is oem and what isn't

2. dimsum

dimsum New Member

I asked Jenson before how do they know BlueSky sells OEM Shimano stuff. The rep said they ordered all the Shimano parts BlueSky had and they all came in a plastic bag, no box.

3. Rui

Rui New Member

Respiratory Therapist
    This past Thursday I bought my Easton Havoc handlebar/stem (handlebar = $74.99 @ Jenson, stem = $54.99 @ Wheel World). I bought the stem at Wheel World because Jenson had it for $89.99. Now just a few days later, the prices plunged to $40 for the handlebar and $45 for the stem at Jenson. My terrible luck striking again. Whatever, you guys are still awesome.

I've ordered from Blueskycycling once. And the guy over the phone was pretty rude. Something I would never get from the staff over at Jenson.

4. rojomas

rojomas A.K.A The Oxx

I know this is a revived thread but felt this deserved a comment:

Giantschwinn, come on!! Be reasonable. Jensons is in the business to make money not to loose it. Hell, if it's less than they can get it for then they would actually be paying you to buy it. They are excellent on price matching legitimate parts. I've had them price match me on stuff when they were just breaking even but If another company is selling OEM parts (even sometimes), that is an unfair price match.
    Plus, when Jensons sells OEM parts, it is always noted in the description.

My question to you though is, If they can't price match it why complain about it? Just go buy it from Bluesky then? Problem solved..

5. trentet

trentet New Member

I've purchased both online and from both of there Brick and Mortar stores and have Mucho Respeto for those guys. My buddy and I were on a 6 day Micro-brew and Mountain bike Man-cation and had a bike rack malfunction on our first day out totaling his front tire and wheel and my rear tire and wheel. We rolled into their Riverside Will Call and set up shop on the street outside. They Hooked my bro up on a 20mm thru DT-Swiss front wheel at cost cus they are such awesome guys. That's why they rule.

6. roach

roach Full Singletrack Tuck

Environmental Planner
    I ordered an XT bottom bracket from Jenson, along with some tires, all items indicated "in stock". The tires arrived in 2 days with a little note stating "the remaining items will be shipped later". Well, 4 weeks later I still had not received the BB. I contacted Jenson and was then informed the item was on "backorder" and wasn't expected for another 4 weeks! I live in SoCal and I have to wait 2months to get a simple XT BB? Website said "in stock". Jenson's excuse = "It's not our fault it's on backorder"

Long story short, screw Jenson and their bait and switch attitude. There are tons of other places to get parts cheap.

7. irv_usc

irv_usc Active Member

Did you really wait 4 weeks before calling?

8. roach

Environmental Planner
    Uh yeah. I'd honestly forgot about it until I went for a ride on the bike that has a blown-out BB. I then remembered, wait, where the hell's the Bottom Bracket I ordered?:?:

9. merc13000

merc13000 Member

Industrial Tool Sales
    Bait and switch attitude? Do you think they purposely put out-of-stock bottom brackets on their site so that they can deal with angry emails and phone calls for fun? It was most likely an inventory shortage just like every business has from time to time.

10. trentet

trentet New Member

If you want run around try dealing with CBO. I've had nothing but trouble from them and refuse to give them any of my monies

11. dimsum

dimsum New Member

i bet the bottom bracket was already on back order. you didnt look at the availability (under the price) to see if it was in stock.

12. guero

guero iFroth

I have always had great experiences at JensonUSA. Jeff, aka Triscuitt has always taken great care of me.

13. roach

Environmental Planner
    ok, well regardless of my ability to make internet purchases, a 2month wait for an xt bottom bracket is a deal breaker. You'd think I was ordering a custom frame or something.

14. proraptor

proraptor The Bikes & Brew Crew

jenson is awesome nuff said

15. strobe

strobe resident noob

Granted, that amount of time would seem long for such a simple part. But, i don't know that Jenson's should make a special order for a simple part just for me when its expected on their next shipment.

I will have to say, checking their availability has been fairly accurate. If an item was backordered, they have had no issue canceling the order. I order/shop with the Riverside store very often and have never felt like they attempt a bait and switch on any item that isn't directly in stock. There just isn't enough money in it for them to string you out and force you to wait.

16. Varaxis

Varaxis Trail Ninja

I was thinking that maybe the tsunamis, floods, and how many manufacturers are opting for XT kits on their new bikes, F'd up Shimano's supply of XT BBs for individual retail sale and Jenson's estimates to get new stock in were too optimistic.

I know I've been waiting forever for some parts. Couldn't get a 142x12 Chris King axle for 2-3 weeks *direct* from Chris King. Called in to order and they said they could have one ready on Fri. Called next week around Wed, and they said not ready, but maybe ready on Fri. Called again on Monday the 3rd week for status and maybe an e-mail with tracking #, and they said the axle was ready, but the RingDrive lube wasn't! Apparently they only make a small batch of 142x12 rear axles every Friday and they get sent out to people/shops in the order that their orders were placed? No clue why they'd run out of RingDrive Lube at such an opportune time. :?: