Southridge Winter Series Race #5 (Finals) 3/6-7

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by denmother, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuckie108

chuckie108 New Member

If (when) it rains tomorrow- watch out crossing the wooden bridge before the road- it could be slippery.

2. Rondo

Rondo Member

Captain, USMC
    Once I was nice and tired I rolled through the sport line once for my buddy who couldn't be there. I'm still working on my dismount at the end, but I think its a pretty good way to end the day:

[vimeo]9953463[/vimeo]

Sorry about the angle, this is the first video I've ever shot with the GoPro.

3. Bryguy17

Bryguy17 A little Shaggy

looks like a pretty legit run IMO.

that uphill shouldn't be too bad. I recall from the november race coming out of that area with a good bit of speed from the (slower) sport line. a lot tighter dropping off that hill than I expected though.

also consider, in the grand scheme of things, that you aren't going to be climbing up the road to the cul de sac for this race, so it's not like he added a climb to the middle of one of those courses.

great videos, btw. funny, you can here Rondo's heartbeat at he's climbing that hill :lol:

see everybody tomorrow! :beer:

4. pmortuary

pmortuary They call me D2

Lead CAD Designer
    Awesome thanks for adding the heartbeat soundtrack. Also I suggest if you're going to run the chest mount get a few replacment lenses. Also I think it sits best right on your sternum, also making sure it's tilted as far back as it will go.

5. Rondo

Rondo Member

Captain, USMC
    I don't hear the heartbeat :?:

6. yuroshek

yuroshek New Member

that 2nd uphill is weak!!

7. CA_descender

CA_descender IamHAZZMATTseeMEgroove

Father & Husband
    For those not out there today and did not get out yesterday ...

I forgot to turn the camera on when I did a complete run so all you get is a very slow first run as I was not sure what was coming up and I was waiting on the Mrs as she was not feelin' it today.

The one part I have that WC did not show is the expert go-around, you will see me walk by Tom and look down it. It is not as bad as it looks though.

[vimeo]9959221[/vimeo]

If you listen carefully you can hear your heart beating in your video. :lol:

8. Locnrock

Locnrock New Member

How can Points be transfered with a class change, I don't think that's right. I'd check with Donny.
    I don't think thats right, a class change, up or down is a lose in points. If thats the case, every SANDBAGGER would play that game!
    How would this be: I race SPORT CLASS, win all 4 races, change to Expert, finish 20th(dropping it and letting my 4 SPORT wins stand against the Expert Class wins.
    HOW MANY 1st PLACES CAN YOU HAVE IN A RACE... 1 ONLY. Therefore no points can be transfered.:clap: She has dropped ALL of her point by moving class.

9. Rondo

Rondo Member

Captain, USMC
    I do believe it was stated earlier if you upgrade after the second race you can keep the first two race's points. I'm not defending this in any way (as a beneficiary I might add) but it MIGHT be to encourage upgrades and prevent sand bagging. How often does someone win in their class, upgrade and then start winning in the higher class? The way it should work is someone wins two races, upgrades, and then places somewhere in the middle of the next class thereby not threatening the current leaders. What incentive would racers have to upgrade mid season if it meant they'd lose all their points and no longer be competitive in the series? They might as well stay in their class and sandbag the rest of the races.

10. Vince

Vince New Member

Plumber
    Home Page:
    WOOOOHOOOOOO UP HILL RACING come N get some:lol:

11. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.