Santiago Oaks parking situation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AKmoney, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cilantro13

Cilantro13 ...

I don't disagree, but I have found in my life that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I am sure the signs are up for exactly the reason that the Tuesday Morning owners whined about bikers parking in their lot and not getting any business. And when you are in the business of selling $5 footlongs, I don't see why you wouldn't want the occasional biker to make a purchase, particularly if there is still room for regulars to park along with the bikers. This is all I am saying.

2. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

You guys have to be bored. I can't believe this thread has 10,238 views. Sad......

3. Rumpled

Rumpled Longtime Newb

Biologist
    Went by Sandberg dirt lot again on Sunday. Sawhorses are still up, but the tape is not there.
    People were using the lot.

4. jae2460

jae2460 Active Member

As much as it pains me to post to this thread again, I did run across this today on the OC Parks website and thought I would post a link to it here as useful info for those who ride at Oaks:

http://www.ocparks.com/newsroom/default.asp?Show=1003159&subshow=N

Santiago Oaks Park: No Parking on Sandberg Lane

In recent weeks there has been much confusion and misinformation regarding the dirt lot at the end of Sandberg Lane. Due to complaints received regarding increased vehicle traffic, dust and noise, please note the following:

1) The dirt lot is not part of Santiago Oaks Regional Park and is not designated as an authorized parking area. The parcel is owned and operated as a flood buffer zone below the Villa Park dam spillway by Orange County Flood Control District.

2) Sandberg Lane is a private road (noted on street sign) that is owned and maintained by the homeowners in the area. Repairs from excessive vehicle traffic will be at their expense.

3) The temporary barricades were recently put in place by County personnel to dissuade vehicles from parking in the area.

We are relying on park users to assist us in resolving this matter. We encourage use and enjoyment of the park, but want to prevent disruption to the residents. Please help us be good neighbors.

Go to Santiago Oaks Park website

5. dirtvert

dirtvert Whine on!

elementary school teacher
    And while parked at_ _ _ _ _ _ _(unidentified secret spot) on Sunday we talked to an equestrian who had just been asked to leave the
    Albertson's lot. She mostly seemed to be upset that security thought she was a runner and/or hiker...

Paying to play at Irvine Park looks better and better. And they do have a pretty cool zoo there.

6. Greengiant

Greengiant Steady diet of dirt

I issue building permits in Palo Alto!
    The funnier part of her story was that her husband had just hopped out of their truck and was pulling on his cowboy boots to take Trigger out for a gallop....the Albertson's security person initially asked him if he was heading out for a mtn bike ride...#-o

guess security was confused about the man's footwear choice...

Oaks has always been a popular riding location and its even better now with all the new trail choices! Albertson's was an easy meeting spot for everybody with lots of parking, and hey, we're a cheap bunch when it comes to paying for parking...I'm guilty of it too!

BTW, there have been lots more ridiculous threads with a few more thousand posts, one in particular has had 16,191 views!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.