Rider down

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by Apache18, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Apache18

Apache18 New Member

Custom Fishing Rod Builder
    Was riding down from Potatoe mtn. today around 8am. and came across a rider down with maybe a broken arm and maybe a collarbone. I went on down the hill some(to the water tower on claremont where you cut off to potatoe) to direct the firetruck and they had a call first for a FULL figured lady that had twisted her foot or something. The fireman said they had to deal with her first(since her call was first) and then the rider. The rider was about 1/2 mile up the hill going to potatoe. He did say the ambulance would pickup the rider first and than her. The rider was coming down the hill when he crashed. I did not get a name for the rider. Healing Vibes coming your way dude.

2. racinteach

racinteach New Member

School teacher/ EMT
    Using a spare tube you could have made a sling for both collar bone and arm.. he could have walked out.

3. Apache18

Apache18 New Member

Custom Fishing Rod Builder
    I tryed to talk to the guy. But he was pretty water eyed. Had acouple of other guys with him and tending to him. So I figured he could hang in there until help arrived. It was'nt long till they showed up. I bet it was felt longer to him tough. Thanks for the tip for the tube.

4. racinteach

racinteach New Member

School teacher/ EMT
    Ok yeah just sharing knowledge ..
    yeah it always seems like forever when your broken and waiting for help.. The one thng I love about this sport is that most of us will stop and help when we see someone down.. its a brotherhood.

5. gooseaholic

gooseaholic Active Member

Auto inspection
    Yeah! When I broke my collar bone it was nice to see how many people were willing to help. 2wheellee on here drove my van home. Him and his wife made sure I was home safe. Its nice to know theres help.