Road Ride Report pre-easter pavement

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by mr.hobbs, Apr 5, 2010.

1. mr.hobbs

mr.hobbs New Member

Solid Gold dancer by night. Green Peace chairman b
    On 4-3-10 I was slated to be at the inlaws house in Brea for "pre-easter" get together. Well, that just sucks I thought, until the light in my empty head came on.

I let the wife and kids know that they would have a nice drive there without me. I'd join the party, but not after I did a century in the morning.

I left Temecula at 5:45am on the Felt SS. Made my way through the trashiest areas of Elsinore/Lakeland village by traffic light and pot hole navigation and finally saw the sun as i hit the top of Temescal Cyn. At this point my hands and feet began to come alive and the day was getting better.
    A few residental climbs thru Corona and I
    started the non-traffic part of my Journey on the Green river path.
    Holy crap there were Lots of walkers taking up the entire bike path. Do they just not get it?
    I reached the beach with 76 miles under my seat and now it was time to head for the food feast that was waiting for me in Brea. I didn't want to be rude and arrive early (less time with inlaws), so I killed 45mins with a nap at a local park in Fullerton. When I woke up I looked at my GPS: 99.5 miles! Cool beans, 2 miles to go and right at my goal. Stolled in at 12:08pm (right on time).

The feast: Ribs, tri-tip, chicken, mac -n cheese, countless easter treats, and 20 peeps to top it off.

A great day on the bike.

2. Mongo

Mongo Chewyeti "MongOHNO!"

measurement tech.
    sounds like a good day

3. Draheim18

Draheim18 Tow Master

Student, Lacrosse Coach
    Sounds like a great day and a nice way to work up an appetite. I usually do the same on all the major holidays so I can eat a lot of great food.

I know what you mean about the walkers. Never ridden that bike trail but yesterday during my road ride, I saw some lady riding her bike going the wrong way in the bike lane. I figured she was riding from a school by my house and didn't want to cross the street since it is like .25 miles. She then proceeded to cross the street and ride against traffic again. This time she was riding towards me forcing me out of the bike lane. It seems holiday weekends bring out the idiotic people.