Phantom Pooper almost caught!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by andy aka rut, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VTVic

VTVic New Member

IT Guy
    too freaking funny. can't wait for the mug shot here and on the OC register.

2. chongoblanco

chongoblanco Banned

none i get my check on the 1st!
    No sarcasim is much encouraged, I know you where being sarcastic and so was I. Kooodoooos and EFFFFFF! equistrians you wanna be a cowboy go do it in montana or somplace like that, if not get yourself a 12 pack of michalob and jackoff to Urban cowboy!

3. dirtvert

dirtvert Whine on!

elementary school teacher
    for those of you thinking about going vigilante on this guy, here's a quote from a previous thread (sounds like a psychologist):

"Some thoughts in case you actually see the culprit.

Not worried if kids.

But if an adult or especially adults, be careful about a face-to-face confrontation. Adults into these scatological activities can be very primitively organized regarding their psyche and can act out violently when surprised and confronted. They come prepared and have rehearsed/fantasized, so who knows what else they have on them, which I would be concerned about edged weapons; much more primitive and personal than a firearm.

If I ever came across the culprit, I'd take photos and splatter (pun intended) the mug shots/compromising shots over the various local websites, along with handing over the photos to the Rangers. These passive-aggressive folks hate having the public spotlight on them."

the primitively organized/edged-weapon combo got my attention. but i guess you wouldn't expect anything less from someone who dabbles in scatological activities.

:yikes:

4. purplevein

purplevein New Member

This thread is funny if you never rode through this idiot's poop. But, it must suck for all of you who got his soft brown fecal matter on your bikes and body during the past couple years. There seems to be some misinformation about what happened when he was caught by the park rangers on August 24 at 5:10 p.m. A simple check with the Santiago Oaks rangers clears things up as follows: Mountain bikers met with park staff many months ago to discuss the continued poop problem on the Barham Ridge Trail. The rangers had to inspect the trail for several months to try and find any pattern of behavior. Many thanks to them for picking up the poop on 22 different occasions since their monitoring began, which kept other bike riders from becoming victims. Then, they borrowed and installed a security camera from the Irvine Ranch Conservancy, but it took just four days for someone to smash apart the metal container and steal/destroy the $450 camera. So, the rangers were proactive and planned a stakeout to try and catch the guy. They rearranged their work schedules to stay late in order to avoid costing overtime pay. They are County rangers, not State rangers, which means that they do not have guns, do not have batons, and do not have handcuffs. Their primary job duty is not law enforcement, but rather "park stewardship and natural resource management." Their supervisors approved a stakeout, but warned that they were subject to suspension/termination for policy violations if they physically detained or pursued the pooper. The rangers were not allowed to tackle and hold down the suspect for safety reasons as he could be carrying a knife or other weapon. Instead, they had to call for OC Sheriffs and somehow try to verbally convince the pooper to stay there until the Sheriffs arrived. The rangers were trying to grab onto the pooper's orange single speed bike until he became more hostile and billigerent, and they decided to let him go. They did not get a photo of the pooper's face, just his backside as he escaped. So, calling the rangers pu$$ies is uncalled for, especially when they could have easily taken a "no big deal" attitude towards the entire situation and left the problem for the mountain bike community to solve on its own. Now, this blatant serial trail pooper is very close to being caught, and several bike riders have definitely seen him on the trails in the past. The mountain bike community can be a big help by giving any information they have to the Santiago Oaks park rangers. It is possible that the pooper's name is John and he might live in Orange. If anyone knows his last name or address, that would be a great help. I am not sure what he would be charged with, perhaps "illegal dumping", but I think an "indecent exposure" citation is not something you want on your record, especially if an employer does a background check on you. If the pooper dares to come back onto the Santiago Oaks trails, especially the Barham Ridge Trail or the Weir Canyon Trail, then someone is bound to recognize him and can hopefully take his picture with a cell phone camera. It will be very interesting when he is finally apprehended to find out what his motive was for pooping in the middle of a downhill blind curve section of trail to sabotage fellow mountain bike riders.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2009
  5. Rossage

Rossage Active Member

I claim bullshit on the Rangers. They will glady take my beer and give me a ticket but they cannot contain a serial scatologist that they had thier hands on?

6. crazysue

crazysue New Member

AP & Parts in a Motorcycle dealership
    Home Page:
    It's amazing what a popular subject poop is....

7. chongoblanco

chongoblanco Banned

none i get my check on the 1st!
    ahahahahahahahahheeee he called the shit...PoooP!
    [youtube]9uWjt2y_G0Q[/youtube]

If somthing where to happen, you should hope he has a sharp object instead of a gun, unless he manages to get lucky and hit you in a vital organ on the first strike.

Second of all if he pulls a blade anything you do to him is self defense.

If you fear for the worse then just turn you back and let the proper authorities deal with him. Ya win some you loose some, anything that happens is partially your fault for getting involved, and starting somthing.

If you start shit be ready to deal with the consequences whatever they may be.

8. dirtvert

dirtvert Whine on!

bullshit back atcha. if somebody goes off at your work are you going to physically restrain them until the cops show up--especially if your boss says you can't and you could lose your job as a result. gimme a break. i appreciate the rangers' efforts, and i'm glad they didn't just let the mtb community handle it internally...so to speak.

:flush:

9. ezzyride

ezzyride New Member

Research
    I never listen to my boss and everyone thinks I am his boss (honest). Depending on the circumstances (yes) it's possible to restrain someone until the cops show up. I would not of given him his bike back. I would have made him walk in his shitty shorts.;) This guy would be insane to ride oaks again.

I agree kudos to the rangers for keeping our parks safe.

This thread is so funny.

10. dirtvert

dirtvert Whine on!

so el- if i, i mean the phantom pooper, walked into your workplace and unloaded, you would hold me, i mean him, down for the 20 minutes it would take for the cops to come.

sounds like a challenge. or a reality show. :lol:

fyi: technically, i don't think he's a serial pooper, because he's only struck in one trail in one park. maybe a cereal pooper...

:cheers:

11. MohammedInABearSuit

MohammedInABearSuit Sticks and Stones...

I guess the lesson learned here is:
    Never stop for the Rangers and ride like hell to get away?:?:

12. UR2KLOS

UR2KLOS Senior Member

I realize I shouldn't expect a straight answer but I'll ask anyway. Can you get DNA evidence from poop? If they catch the guy in the act again do they have evidence to prove he is the serial pooper? It would be bad if an innocent first-time pooper gets pummeled to death or photographed in the newspaper.

Also, I doubt the rangers wanted the fact that there is an ongoing stakeout to be posted in a public forum. The pooper probably thought he just had bad timing one time but if he sees this thread he will probably never be caught.

13. CalEpic

CalEpic member

Park Rangers = Turd Detectives? :lol:

Truly I appreciate their efforts but this is just too comical

14. andy aka rut

andy aka rut Active Member

Wow, I never expected 7 pages!

I view the rangers as lifeguards of the area. They don't carry weapons. They go out to protect and inform people in the area. Elvia, are you being serious? Do you really think you would be able to keep me away from my bike if you "took" it from me? If you took my bike there would be hell to pay!

For those that are thinking you can now simply ride away from the rangers, remember by doing so you are impeeding their actions and can be busted for doing so. Believe me, I have found out the hard way on this. Just because they don't have a gun doesn't mean they are not representing the law. And running from the law is still running from the law. Sorry just simply the truth. Also notice the rangers ID'ed the guy and his bike. They were pretty specific on the details on the bike too.

With all that said, I would like to thank the rangers for their efforts. This guy has been out there for over 4 years. When I got poop'ed on a few months ago, I reported it. I was the 1st person to report it to them! I gathered info and showed the rangers this has been happening for years. We had a meeting with the rangers, Senior ranger and the administration about it. They took action and now it seems the offender will be caught. So to all the law enforcement people out there....THANK YOU!

For those thinking of going and tackling this on their own, think of this; if he is crazy enough to sh!t on the trails, why not throw it at you? Now we are talking about a whole new issue... disease! Do your really want to put your clean hands on this guy? Or maybe you show up with a multi-tool as a weapon and he is prepared and has a knife, a gun or is simply a MMA expert. The smart thing to do is identify him and call him in. Bring your cell phone on the ride and have the rangers # programmed in on it! Follow him (if you can, I mean he is a singlespeeder after all :-k) Maybe get a photo. But don't approach him, he is whacko!!

15. 1080P

1080P Banned

Dotting "i's" & crossing "t's" while balancing
    I would not let this guy give me shit. I swear, all of you riders can ride circles around me, but you can't ride around a little poop? What ever happened to riding in control, and being able to stop in time, or if it's too gnarly, stop and walk around it? Next time, first rider in line, perform a whiptail on it, and flick it off the trail for all of us, OK?

The new line is the "P" line, and it stands for poop. Don't be afraid to use it, until this assclown gets relieved of his pooping pleasure in public.

16. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
  17. Byron B

Byron B Born to Ride

Business Finance
    thanks for the info, my friend was a victim and he's been looking for personal justice... he'll be excited to know the details of the suspect..

18. doublewide

doublewide Ride Life....Ride GIANT

King
    Chico State guy! A-Hole...

shitty

19. ezzyride

ezzyride New Member

Research
    Andy - What I intended to say was that in this particular incident. The rangers should have held his bike and let him walk home in his poopy shorts. That would have taught him a lesson.;)

Another reason to ride slooooow.

This is just gross the man needs help.

20. andy aka rut

andy aka rut Active Member

Ohhh. Thanks.

The ranger attempted to hold on to the bike but the pooper was getting verbal and starting to act out. There is only so much one individual can do when it comes to personal safely and what he has available to defend himself.
    Personally, I think he did the right thing. He can't be helping others if he is hurt.

J Sims. Thanks for the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.