Race Report OTH #4 - Disco Fever

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by HighRevPhoto, Jun 14, 2011.

1. HighRevPhoto

HighRevPhoto New Member

Home Page:
  2. Deadweight

Deadweight older, not much wiser.

IMG_2117.jpg

Need I say more?

3. ajsura

ajsura AJ G2 Bike

G2 Bike and Altitude Training
    Burn baby burn! You work that so well.....

4. Rollnstone

Rollnstone ...

Dino's hair was my only motivation to keep pushing today. :) The course was run backwards again this week, but they added the climb and extra mileage on the south side of the lake. I actually had a clean shot up the middle on the first climb as people walking were way to the right or left. Got half way up the steep part and dropped my chain. :( Second lap I had to walk/ride because of traffic. By then I was getting passed by Beginner 4's so it became more of a trail ride than a race. I am sure Dino was glad to see me on my 3rd lap because that meant no one else was left on the course to cheer for. If I get any slower I am going to have to start bringing my light. People with flats were walking in faster than me!

5. kingaucho

kingaucho Member

Huge thanks to Mike and Fullerton Bikes for encouring me and all of the other first time racers to come out and give OTH a shot by paying our entry fees! You are THE MAN!!! :bang:

I raced in Beginner 2 and had a blast. I am glad I was able to sneak out of work early and had time to preride the course. This was such a great experience and hope I can make it out to a few more of these.

BTW, for those who were taking pix, I was #872. Thanks in advance!

6. BoneBag

BoneBag New Member

Awesome! I think you got the right spirit, when I first came around and saw the show you had going on I forgot all about the pain I was in!

7. coldbrews

coldbrews Former Fat Guy

Electrician
    I had a blast and think I did alright for my first ever race. Good meeting Thomaswildchild and Brownie. I was # 837.

Good stuff disco Dino.

8. Kid A

Kid A now with 40% more bacon

working 4 da man
    Do the humpty hump, do the humpty hump (OTH RACE #4)

Well were do I start? First I want to thaNk mike and Fullerton bikes for offering to sponsor what looked to be sh!tload of str riders in today's oth race.

I have thought about doing this series for a bit now but work just doesn't let up to jump out early enough to join. (I have yet to make a TT yet this season) Mikes offer gave me the incentive to get my lazy no ride arse out there (hold that thought as we shall revisit that no ride in a moment)

On to race day. while i threw my name in the hat like many others I didn't even know i was in and of mikes serious generous offer to sponsor the full on contingent until this morning as a ride buddy of mine sent me an email saying I was in.

First came the excitement. Then came the anxiety. It has been prob 6 years since i raced. Was mid pack at best back in the day and riding has fell off significantly over the years for reasons I have shared previously. Get there in time to register but no real time to pre-ride the course. This is a first for me as I think i have always knew the courses or have had a chance to pre-ride before. Anyway off goes the horn and I decide without knowing the course I would just fall back in hopes I will pick off others as I ride. Well lets just say that plan lasted about umm let's see never ( remember that no ride comment)

From lap one (of 2.5) I realized the sole purpose of this race for me was to 1) not dnf and 2) not come in last in my class.

I can comfortably say while goal one is nothing to brag about at least it was a mission accomplished. If there is a upside of not riding among the lead (or mid) pack at least you get to pop off some lips and get some decent air on the fast downs. Got a few "yeah buddies" and smile s from the volunteers as they saw my turtle arse at least having some fun while bringing up the rear

Anyway, as i promised my 5 year old son I would be home to read him a book before bedtime I had to jet shortly after finishing the race. Was great seeing a few of my old TT buddies post ride except for D2 who insisted on letting me and all those around me know the misery on my face as we passed each other working on varied laps (please recall no ride comment)

So now the wait comes to see if goal 2 will be met hoping that there were a few peeps that suffered more than me today. EDIT: results up. second goal pathetically realized :( (and no not everyone behind me were DNF...albeit most were)

Overall again huge props the mike/FBS, great job on the race from the peeps at OTH, great seeing my STR friends and while it will be a challenge to get out of work on time to join in I hope to at least jump in again in the not too distant future.

9. zman

zman WTF ?

I tried to forget about the pain but SS dont let me forget :lol:

I saw you guys playin the music and i wish i wasnt in so much pain to enjoy it
    thanks for the support :bang:

10. mmcverry

mmcverry New Member

Website Developer
    Word. Good race. I didn't do as well as I hoped as I felt like my "chi" or "mojo" was off due to the backwards course and added half loop.

I should've used "the force" but wasn't able to achieve that level of focus minutes before the race. Seems like everyone had a blase though so that's all that matters!. Go Disco Dino!

11. thomaswildchild

thomaswildchild Active Member

I am a Machinist
    Home Page:
    Good meeting you as well man! WE gotta hit turnbul sometime soon. For the "locals Only Stuff"!

12. Racer X

Racer X Member

Rider 868

:wave:

13. evof3nd3r

evof3nd3r New Member

Software Analyst
    I have yet to drag my lazy ass over to the STR tent - that was Dino? I saw some sweet moves!

14. thomaswildchild

thomaswildchild Active Member

I am a Machinist
    Home Page:
    You did good out there today man! I'm sure I've got a few pictures of you on my camera. Should be up Tomorrow am HERE!

15. kyle M

kyle M Dirty Drunx

drinking and riding
    [​IMG]

it takes a real man to wear a wig made of pubic hair...;)

gotta love the D

16. Kid A

Kid A now with 40% more bacon

working 4 da man
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2011
  17. M.C. Gong

M.C. Gong I am the motor

CENIC
  18. singlespeedrider

singlespeedrider Member

Vestal Watch
    Second race for me this year and I ditched the 22 tooth cog for a much faster 18. I think the next race I might go all crazy and is a 17 I was still spinning out and needed more speed.

19. M.C. Gong

M.C. Gong I am the motor

CENIC
  20. Revalimage

Revalimage Active Member

Entertainment Production
    I missed you Adam, hope that story was great. Blake was EXTREMELY unhappy about not making it to the race tonight. It's a sure thing we'll be back next week.