OC (Aliso) - Looking for people to ride with

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by kdiff, Aug 29, 2014.

1. kdiff

kdiff Member

Looking for something new
    I recently moved to Orange County and am looking for some people to ride with. I do some trail riding and a little DH. I typically ride local trails on the weekends, and also like taking bike trips occasionally up to Northstar, Mammoth, or Tahoe.

To give you an idea of the trails I have been on and like, I have ridden at Aliso Woods, The Luge, The Chutes, Sullivan Canyon, Pt. Mugu, and Pinos.

Getting out on the trails is something I do every weekend, and it would be great to have some company.

2. herzalot

herzalot Well-Known Member

EdgeUCater
    Welcome back Kdiff! :wave:

All 27 remaining STR members would love to ride with you at Aliso or any of the places you mention. Keep looking and keep posting! I ride Aliso a lot, or did. I am moving temporarily so I might find myself in LCWP needing a riding partner to pick my sorry ass up when I crash.

3. mike001

mike001 Well-Known Member

#27 checking in...

We ride mostly in Cleveland NF. Join us for some longer climbs and descents. Sometimes I go slow with the lass, other times with the bros I can barely keep up. Bell Ridge, Joplin, Yeager Mesa, Los Piños Ridge, Coldwater, Skinsuit...nice, longer outings with some tech challenge. The weather's just getting good...

The Path has weekend shop rides also. They're good guys and gals; check out their thread in Trailhead.

4. dcrfx

dcrfx Member

Hey kdiff, toss up something on the trailhead sub-forum and you'll get some bites for sure. Hasn't been too much of that here recently but may have to do with summer and vacationing stuff (for me anyway). I ride Aliso often but mostly during the week, quite busy there weekend mornings. I think the weekend crowds there may thin a little once schools and soccer all get going (fingers crossed). Worse case, sign on as sweeper/med assistant for Herz in Laguna Coast/El Morro, I'll try to join as photog :) LCWP seems to be a little less crowded than Aliso on weekends. :beer:

5. kdiff

kdiff Member

Looking for something new
    Thank you, I would definitely be up for checking out some trails in the Cleveland NF!

That's a good idea! I'll post something on the calendar. Like herzalot said/implied, there doesn't seem to be a lot of activity on here.