MRAP - Wednesday Night Races 6pm

Discussion in 'Jenson USA' started by TurboJared, Jun 11, 2012.

1. TurboJared

TurboJared Overstimulated

Affiliate Program Manager
    Home Page:
    We are 3 races deep into the series with another 9 to go!
    RIDE HERE - REGISTER HERE - STRAVA - FLIKR IMAGES

More racers are turning up each week and the Jenson USA prize patrol is on the look out!

First Place finishers get $15 in JensonUSA Money cards, and a few random treats
    Second Place Finishers get $10 in JensonUSA Money cards and a few treats
    Third Place Finishers get $5 in JensonUSA Money cards and a few treats.

We're also planning out mis series and Series Final Prizes and I wanted to get your thoughts on what you wanted to win?

Frames, Wheelsets, forks, brakes, Gift cards, Gas cards, I want to hear your ideas. We REALLY want to have this series take off and be a place to race for those of us in teh IE that find it difficult to get into orange county for over the hump. Best part is our race is on Wednesday so if you're crazy you can do both!

Also if you've raced, what are your thoughts on the course? ALSO Remember your race entry also includes parking!

I'll be there again this week and may MC the race results again (after I finish racing) I Look forward to seeing you there!

2. grandpa

grandpa swollen member

shop foreman, sheetmetal
    Both of my grandsons raced last week and will be there again tomorrow night. It was a good time.

3. strobe

strobe resident noob

I would love to see the sand climb vanish. lol. All you gear'd folks leave me in the dust at the start and its hard to make the time back after getting stuck behind ppl on that mushy single track. Not that they're holding me up any. As for prizes, unless you stop killing my Strava segments, it looks like you're going to get the top prize anyways. Just hope i can keep up.

4. strobe

strobe resident noob

I've got an idea for a prize... new set of brakes.

This will give me a reason to really push myself. I may need new brakes since i just ran my levers into my garage door. Note to self- no matter how tired you are after a race, remember the bike is on the roof before you try to pull into the garage. grrrr. I think everything is still functional. Roof rack slid back. Just kinked the hoses a bit and dented my stucco #-o.

You were asking about new routes... i will miss the terrie climb, but, maybe something like this for the beginners MRAP Beginner 5.5mi . Only about 400ft with no downhill will unfortunately put my SS to a disadvantage. Should be light enough for 2 laps, though.

5. strobe

strobe resident noob

Heard there will be a Cruiser course this week. A bit less climbing and less sand. I'm still climbing (or walking) the Terrie route though. Gotta try and beat my time on gears this week. Have fun everyone.

6. TurboJared

TurboJared Overstimulated

Affiliate Program Manager
    Home Page:
    FYI I have been voiding Jenson USA participants from prizes. If we place in the top three the prizes slide to the next guy ;)

I'm still pretty sore from the crash last week but you'd better believe that I am prepping the bike and gunning for #1. If I make that then I'll hit the sport class next half.

7. strobe

strobe resident noob

As fair as it could be about Jenson members not getting prizes, i have noticed the competition very fair. We all seem to be in the correct classes. If you all win, you should get the reward imho.

I thought about Sport, but, they are averaging about 35-40 minutes. My fastest is 42. When i did two laps, i averaged 45. I was making everyone wait for me to finish at that point. If i can get into the 30's, i'll jump up. Until then, hope to ride your wheel tonight. Dumping the gears again. They make me slower. So, i'm going to try and play catch-up. Again.

8. strobe

strobe resident noob

Round 2 starts tonight. This is going to be painfull. lol.

9. strobe

strobe resident noob

This is it. Final race of the series. I really like this course for racing. Should be cooler and hopefully a good turnout to finish it all off. I really liked this series being so close to home in the IE. Thank you again to Jensons for stepping up and supporting such a young racing series.