Jens Didn't Dope?

Discussion in 'The Roadie Hangout' started by jae2460, Oct 31, 2012.

1. jae2460

jae2460 Active Member

Great read by my favorite rider from recent years, Jens Voigt:

http://bicycling.com/blogs/hardlyserious/2012/10/30/turbulent-times/

With the whole Lance thing blowing up, I thought about Jens and how he must have doped too--having come out of East Germany, started his career in the EPO era, etc. I saw his denials on Twitter but didn't initially believe him.

Maybe I'm being naive, I believed Lance's story for a long time, but I believe Jens after reading this blog post of his.

If he doped as part of an organized program and there were any Tyler Hamiltons or George Hincapie's out there who could refute his claims, why would he deny it? He could easily seize the moment and confess and be granted some sort of amnesty, at least unofficially.

2013 will probably be the last year for a 41 year old Jens Voigt. I hope he does Tour of California again and Radioshack attacks like they did last year on the Queen stage on Mt. Baldy. Maybe I'll go out there and watch him one last time (before The Tour) go to the front of the peloton at the start of the climb and destroy himself for the sake of his team.

I hope it is true that he didn't dope. Frankly, I would've easily understood if he claimed he had doped like others have admitted. But I won't be able to forgive a bald faced lie if that's what this turns out to be.

2. Bigbow

Bigbow New Member

Livestrong

3. obie

obie New Member

poolman
    I'm not coming out and saying I believe anyone these days. It's all polluted, particularly when you've had a run with CSC and Riis.

Voight will be missed. Here's hoping he doesn't get outed before ToC - I'll be there to cheer him again. He and Chris Horner are still at the top in their 40's - crazy.