ISOTUNED Suspension aka drakethomas (threads merged)

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by 92se-r, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

Seriously, something si def wrong here.... Never have I heard of anything like this from Drake....... Worries me a bit, anyone close in teh area that can swing by and check on him? Shitty part is I was just in Temecula an hour and a half ago, wish I would have seen this before I headed down there..... Would have stopped in myself

2. Vince

Vince New Member

Plumber
    Home Page:
    I'm going to Temecula on Sun.

3. silverbike

silverbike New Member

Law Student
    Update

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with Drake. We spoke for about 20 mins.

He's going to deliver one of my forks (the one he serviced, not the new one) tomorrow. I'm meeting him but he's doing the vast majority of the driving. He is still trying to locate a part for the new fork (when he ended up with the wrong lowers on my new fork he sold the lowers off it and ordered the right ones, now he is trying to track those down) but he assures me that he will ship it out as soon as he gets his hands on the right part. It may be in some out of shop storage or he might have to order a new one. Either way I'm hoping to have it next week.

As far as an explanation for the delay goes, when Drake opened up his new shop he did so with a business partner. They took on a bunch of orders and projects for the new space. Then the guy bailed. Drake didn't say why. This left him with a mess, not knowing where things were, what the status of stuff was. The guy was handling a lot of the communications, billing, shipping, and the like. When he bailed all of this stuff came apart at the seams a bit.

Even with that nightmare going on I do think Drake should have been in better contact with his customers. All it would have taken was a few mass emails to everybody who was waiting to explain the situation and make transparent a rough timeline of when shit was going to get done. Rather than do this it seems like Drake just tried to put his head down and power through the work. That's his prerogative and it's his business, but I think it was a mistake. Folks (at least folks like me) will forgive a lot if we just know what the hell is going on.

So, here is my revised recommendation, let Drake get back on his feet a bit before you bring him any work. Once he gets his shit together with the new space and everything I imagine his old standards of customer support will return. Until then, he has too much on his plate to provide decent service.

P.s. Thanks to those who got in contact with him. Although he assures me I was next on his list of nightmare customers your contacts couldn't have hurt.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2010
  4. mpmffitz

mpmffitz Farm Freerider

Hand cuffs and leg irons please
    I toked 2 hm 2nte he is ok, Il c hm 2moro. He is reely. Bzy he states.

5. jamisjake

jamisjake Active Member

Industrial Mechanic
    wtf? srsly?:lol:

6. NipomoGuy

NipomoGuy Tink's first sponsor

flying my mental jet
    :lol: in light of the situation, i had to laugh at the iPhone style typing.

I was also worried about him... Goodness i wish i lived closer to him to see if i could lend him any help at all.

I'm glad to hear he's ok, but jeebus he must be seriously overworked. Sombody should try to help him out, because i know for a fact that he didn't mean for this to ever happen. :(

7. Waldo

Waldo Lebowski Urban Achiever

Foothill Ranch... but my credit card lives at The
    Thanks for the update. I totally agree; one post from Drake here on the open forum would have gone a long way.

8. Garrett

Garrett Active Member

You toked with him? Maybe he should put down the green and start doing work? :lol::lol:

JK, I'm glad this is all getting worked out. Hopefully this isolated incident doesn't scare people off. My experience with him, and I know a lot of other peoples too, were excellent.

9. mpmffitz

mpmffitz Farm Freerider

I'm on my way there now any messages to pass???

10. SeanC

SeanC Active Member

This is America, SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!

11. Fewinhibitions

Fewinhibitions Always be a moving target

Creative Arts, Community Service, Politics
    This is America, speak Spanish.

There, fixed for you by someone of Native American blood.

12. mpmffitz

mpmffitz Farm Freerider

Us White Folk are now the minority. Wake UP!!

Got my bike back from Drake, after his technical mumbo jumbo. He knows what he is talking about, GREAT SERVICE.

13. Shu

Shu Active Member

Semi-Retired
    But still the majority by a lot when compared to each race individually...I'm just sayin

w/ that said....get back on topic

14. jamisjake

jamisjake Active Member

Industrial Mechanic
    This makes me want to get off topic more than Fitzs comment...but I'll pass
    Talked with Drake tonight. He is okay, just got caught up on his stuff. He's had to double up on tasks because of an unforseen issue. As far as customer service goes--if he is willing to drive 100 miles just to drop off a fork to a customer, or do a major upgrade to make up for an error on somebody elses part, hes the guy I want to give my business to.:clap:

15. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

Im gonna have to agree with that statement 100%

thanks for the update

16. NipomoGuy

NipomoGuy Tink's first sponsor

flying my mental jet
    +1

17. Ride2live32

Ride2live32 New Member

Custom Fabricator, soon to be cooking chef
    Ok wow this is close to my home for now, look forward to have ISO work on my suspensions, I wonder if Drake does rear shock as well? i have FOX dhx 5.0 that needs to be serviced SOON!

18. jamisjake

jamisjake Active Member

Industrial Mechanic
    Yes he does Jaime. I'll text you when I head over there and if you want, we can jam over there together.

19. silverbike

silverbike New Member

Law Student
    If you are referring to the trip Drake took last night to drop off my fork, I'd appreciate if you not use that as an example of good customer service. While I was stoked to finally get back on the trail this morning (old fork functions like new thanks) it doesn't give me back the completely unnecessary month of missed riding sending my fork to ISOTUNED resulted in.

Drake's take on the last few months is that he and his company made some mistakes and messed up. He acknowledges that it resulted in some pretty crappy service for a group of his customers. He claims lesson learned and, frankly, I believe him. But let's not pretend the months of delay and avoiding communication with customers didn't happen.

P.s. I'm not gonna hound this thread to bag on Drake. I only posted to correct what I feel was a misrepresentation of my recent experience with ISOTUNED. It's obvious that Drake sincerely regrets what has happened to a set of his customers over the last few months. I don't think he will let it happen again.

So, if you are close with Drake, or just want his business to succeed, focus on the future. Don't try and spin what went down with an unlucky set of us as ok. :beer:

20. Fewinhibitions

Fewinhibitions Always be a moving target

Creative Arts, Community Service, Politics
    I think the jist of the 100 mile comment was to show that the company (Drake), is willing to make it right no matter what it takes including driving X amount of miles to personally hand deliver an item to a customer.

Part of customer service is making it right with a customer no matter what went wrong, or why.

Any other company would have just sent it through a shipping company with a computer generated message.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.