ISOTUNED Suspension aka drakethomas (threads merged)

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by 92se-r, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinky180

stinky180 Will make it Reign....

Hey Drake, can you do any type of customizations to Manitou Nixon IT Platinum and Manitou 3-Way suspensions? Maybe make it more 'plush'? My fork (nixon) feels too soft no matter how much air i use, rebound, or compression settings. Just curious as what kind of work you can perform.

Do you plan on getting a website?

2. Waldo

Waldo Lebowski Urban Achiever

Foothill Ranch... but my credit card lives at The
    There are two things I'd like to see Drake address in this forum:

1) The seemingly erratic communication he's had with paying clients.

2) While-you-wait service is awesome, but when others have long waits it seems a little odd, especially considering that the clients at either end of the spectrum didn't seem to know what to expect when they walked in the door.

IMHO, when reading any online reviews, whether here or MTBR or wherever, you should throw out the extremes. There are always those who will go out of their way to bash the slightest offense or to heap excessive praise - sometimes under alternate names to prop up their own product. So ignore upper and lower 10%, and average out the rest to get a better picture. By that method, based on the feedback here, it seems like Drake is doing pretty well.

3. Rondo

Rondo Member

Captain, USMC
    Drake serviced my fork recently and I've had a chance to go beat it into submission on a few occasions since. It is probably just the fact that the Boxxer shipped with low-to-no oil, but it feels phenomenal now. Great job Drake and seriously, you can raise your prices. Its cheap for the quality of work you do and at the speed at which you do it. Turn around time in traditional bike shops is days, Drake in my experience was about an hour.

4. simonmtb

simonmtb Digging for fun.

riding my bike and cooking dinner for the wife
    I was helping Drake out for a while in his shop when he was extremely busy, and can honestly say it would be difficult to find someone who is more meticulous than Drake.
    I too am very fussy about who works on my bike, but Drake's attention to detail and knowledge of bikes is impressive to say the least.
    He also tuned my Lyrik and it kicks arse:)

5. Stallion51

Stallion51 Rookie

just dropped my reign X0 off to get the "drakeworks". the dudes knowledge is staggering. every question i had was answered almost too well. i get the bike back saturday. Will comment on the product then.

6. tweasol

tweasol New Member

I too can vouch for drake. Super cool and intelligent guy, did a great job on my fork about a month ago. Learned a lot of cool stuff including a lecture on hypodermic needles :clap:

7. Rob

Rob Active Member

Bike Mechanic at Rock n Road n MV
    Picked up my Reba Team 29er and my Fox Triad shock today from Drake. He did a great job and had very good communication.

That post earlier about the guy not getting his stuff back, thats because the guy won't pay for it! He even showed me the dudes stuff. It's all boxed up waiting to be shipped out but the guy wont pay the 70 bucks he owes.

Nobody should hesitate to send their stuff to Drake. This guy is top notch.

8. gooseaholic

gooseaholic Active Member

Auto inspection
    until I deal with drake directly ill stay objective in my opinion.

9. shockless

shockless New Member

Hey Drake Dosenberry/thomas/ISO Tuned! Where is my shock? I have left you my info via voice mail, and email.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2010
  10. Rondo

Rondo Member

Captain, USMC
    So who is the underhanded douche that keeps making accounts just to bash a new shop? A competitor?

If "shockless" is a real customer he isn't going to get much of an answer without including his name and shock that he is supposedly "less."

11. Xcdude

Xcdude Member

No work all play.
    So let me get this straight... You also logged on to bash Drake with out saying exactly what happened? and then your account name is noted as "shockless" to make direct reference that you don't have a shock??? This is looking very weird and no offense but looks like you are trying to place negative focus on a person that maybe doesn't need that. I will stand behind Drake's work everytime a person tries to talk crazy with no actual fundaments other than "where's my shock?" Maybe you care to share more of the story??? I know none of my bussiness but I know Drake and his work and I don't think you even met him..

12. cmeride

cmeride Member

All i know is that Drake is up front with ya. He has my bike for about a month now, waiting patiently, for marzocchi to send the damn fork ! Not drakes fault, he did tell me up front that they were behind on B/O's a couple weeks when we placed the order. But he did work out a killer deal $$$ for me on a new EVO TI 888..Thanks drake ! Now i want my bike ! :beer:

13. jamisjake

jamisjake Active Member

Industrial Mechanic
    Seriously? What a crock of shit. All this says is you are a nobody who just stopped in to "stir the pot". Try to establish yourself, give a description of your problem and maybe we'll listen to your opinion. Until then I'll disregard your statement and wonder if youre just the competition throwing crap at the wall hoping something will stick.:)

14. Fewinhibitions

Fewinhibitions Always be a moving target

Creative Arts, Community Service, Politics

Mods should be shutting this account down. This type of BS is exactly what craps out a good forum site. It would be wise to nip this sh!t in the bud. Also just my opinion.

FWIW, I have no loyalties to Drake - I have met him, but have not had any work down by him.

15. shockless

shockless New Member

Ok, I am not a computer guy but I did create this account after my friend told me that you guys wanted to hear from me and what had happened with Drake. Let me preface this with, I did not ask my friend to come and bash Drake, he did that on his own free will. Yes I did run into him at the courthouse when I was picking up my paperwork to take Drake to court. I truly do not want to go this route but that is going to be my only legal alternative.
    Here you go....
    I had Drake do some work on my DHX 4.0 ( maintanence i.e. change the oil) over a year ago. I paid Drake cash and gave him a tip. So this B.S. about me not wanting to pay is exactly that B.S.! The first time I went out to ride ,there was no rebound on the shock Drake had just serviced. So I got in touch with Drake and he said he would take care of it. When I talked to him the next time he told me that his kid took it apart so he didn't get to see exactly what was wrong, and that somehow the whole valve stack came off so he put it back together and he would mail it. He has had excuse after excuse for example, I am getting married, I got kicked out of my house and have to live with my dad, I have your shock in storage and I don't have time to go get it, I'm so busy trying to open my shop and dealing with permits etc. That was the last I heard from Drake. I have tried numerous times to get in touch with him via telephone, email and through an attorney. I just want my freakin shock back fixed or not.
    I DO NOT like bashing people I just want what is mine back. I have given him well enough time and chances and I have been more than patient with him. I even called him and offered to buy a box and ship it to him and he never called me back. Drake may be your shock God but he isn't mine riight now. So go ahead bash me and critique my post, when you are done doing that call Drake and tell him to send my shock back to me.

16. jeff^d

jeff^d Active Member

Need my fork serviced. Going with Drake sometime next month. Will post an update later.

17. Fewinhibitions

Fewinhibitions Always be a moving target

Creative Arts, Community Service, Politics

That would have been a much better first post on the matter.

I for one, appreciate you making it and giving some perspective.

I shall remove the ball less comment.

:clap:

18. jeff^d

jeff^d Active Member

Last week I made an appointment with Drake to have my Reba 29er serviced and converted from 80mm to 100mm. I gave Drake a $50 deposit to reserve a time spot and agreed to drive down and have the fork worked on while I wait.

Very positive experience. He worked on the fork and bought me lunch (burgers from Siggy's). He's sharp, experienced, detail oriented -- would have no hesitation to trust him with future suspension work and recommend him to friends.

Communication was very good. I recommend using his cell phone # as he's not always at the shop and email can take a few days if he's busy. Thanks Drake.

19. radray

radray New Member

Help Desk Technician
    Hello everyone. I just got back in the country after being away for over 2 months. Prior to leaving, I brought my bike to Drake to have it powder coated. Drake charged me a reasonable fee to have it disassembled, powder coated and reassembled with some new parts. Anyways, the bike came out looking great. I finally got to ride her on the trail and she performs better now after Drake and Simon tuned it. Here are pics of the bike.
    [​IMG]
    http://s856.photobucket.com/albums/ab130/radray1969/MTB Pics/?action=view&current=IMG_0025.jpg

20. Reedster

Reedster Active Member

Teacher
    I had a good experience with Drake too. I called him and was able to drop off my Pike while passing through town. He got it finished quickly and in the mail back to me. Fedex had issues delivering it and Drake helped get that straightened out in a timely fashion as well. I have no problems recommending him to anyone for Fork work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.