I'm a mess; but not from Rwanda

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by Aviatrix, May 1, 2012.

1. Aviatrix

Aviatrix Active Member

Did the 50 Rwanda ride. Felt pretty good when I finished (except one knot I got in my shoulder) but all in all I felt super awesome once I showered and got some good grub in me.

Woke up the next morning and started doing laundry. Went to pick up the laundry basket (wasn't even that heavy) and T-W-A-N-G! Got that sharp, knife-in-your-back feeling. "Are you effing kidding me?!?!?" I thought as I lay on the bed. "I rode 50 miles yesterday, and I hurt myself doing laundry?!?!?!?"

After a while (and some ibuprofen) I felt ok enough that I thought I could clean my bike. It was making some strange sounds after all those stream crossings. So it's a nice day out and I'm in the grass in the backyard enjoying the afternoon cleaning and cooing at my bike (my precious...prrrrrr). Walk around to get to the other side and B-A-M! Searing pain! I lift my foot up and see the bee; stinger still lodged in the underneath of my second toe. "Are you effing kidding me?!?!?" I thought as I extracted the stinger. "I rode 50 miles yesterday, and I hurt myself cleaning my bike?!?!?!?!?"

I was too afraid to iron after that. Intense heat + Electricty.....no thanks.

My toe is still twice the normal size. I'm trying (and mostly failing) to leave it alone :( My back still feels a little sore.

Moral of the story: housework is dangerous. It's MUCH safer to MTB ;)

2. Zulu

Zulu New Member

HAHA! Thanks for the laugh. I know its not funny that you hurt your back and was stung by a bee, but the fact that you rode 50miles and were ok but was injured doing housework. That is good enough for me to NOT do any housework the rest of the week. I hope my wife understands when I ask her to clean my bike.
    I hope your back is better and dosent keep you from a ride.

3. OMR

OMR Old Man Riding...

Realtor
    Too funny, grasshopper!

4. Rumpled

Rumpled Longtime Newb

Biologist
    I'd agree with you that housework is more dangerous - other than the fact that I took a 15 mph digger in the beginning or Rwanda.