How 'bout them Lakers and Dodgers...

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by JoeTruth, Apr 15, 2008.

1. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

Damn, The Lakers are looking like they can go all the way this year. They molested San Antonio on Sunday and are looking to molest more western conference boys. :lol:

As far as The Dodgers are concerned, Torre or no Torre, it's gonna be one long hot painful summer for the boys in blue. :?:

Now discuss...

2. un-kola

un-kola Just another Homer!

Retired!
    The Dodgers are digging themselves into a deep hole that they probobly won't be able to get out of.Too many lightweight hitters and shakey pitching to do much more then finish a distant middle of the pack in their division.- Lloyd

3. TKCastle

TKCastle New Member

Designer
    Shut up, Shut up. Stop spreading lies! Mommy make the bad men go away! Cupping hands around ears and rocking back and forth: "the dodgers are winners, the dodgers are winners."

4. Burner

Burner WAWE

sure Joe.... way to change the subject ;)

5. un-kola

Retired!
    There,fixed it for you.:lol: -Lloyd

6. jeffj

jeffj Bloated Mountain B'hiker

Bloated Mountain Biker
    Kicking the butt of the Spurs is always nice, but since they didn't have Ginobli (and they will have him for the playoffs) I wouldn't read too much into it.

I'm concerned about tonight's game. The Sacto Queens have nothing to lose and have knocked off some decent teams lately. I don't expect Artest and Co. to go quietly into the night, but would love it if they would.

I'd really like to see the LAL with homecourt advantage throughout the Western Confernce playoffs should they make it that far. Winning the WC may seal the deal for Kobe to win the MVP trophy this year.

For the Lakers, you could say the playoffs begin tonight since this game's result could have implications far into the playoffs.

7. theclayster

theclayster New Member

inter at Colliers International
    for the Dodgers it always seems in previous years that they start off really well and then lose it towards the end of the season. Maybe the switched it up this year, sucking now and getting it all out and then finishing out the season great.

but hey it's still early, lots of baseball left

8. Code Blue

Code Blue Guest

No Love

For the original L.A. Baseball team......The Angels:?:

#1 and #2 starting pitchers are out but they are hitting like crazy:bang:

9. Fired Yo Momma

Fired Yo Momma Kenny Powers!!!

Classified
    Wait if and a big if the Fakers get past the Western Conf Finals They are going to run into the best team in the league The Boston Celtics. The Celtics have laid the smack down on the Western Conferance teams when they have played them. Oh did you see the Sox kick some NY arse this weekend.

Oh BTW Angels won yesterday (big deal) the RED SOX won yesterday as well came back from three runs down. Did you see Manny being Manny jack that homer out of the park? Nice.

Here is my bet I bet the Lakers don't make it past the Western Conferance finals

10. un-kola

Retired!
    The Dead Sux are going to have to get David Ortiz hitting again if they are going to get anywhere.(They won't.) Oh,by the way,the Angels are beating Texas right now 7-4 in the 8th.:wave:- Lloyd

11. jeffj

jeffj Bloated Mountain B'hiker

Bloated Mountain Biker
    The Celtics have been the best team throughout the regular season and have had their way with the Western Conference teams BUT the Laker team they played earlier this season is not the same one they may face in the finals.

AND, the Smeltics haven't won JACK in quite some time and until they do, I'm not willing to concede anything to them yet including them even making it to the finals. The Spurs are the defending champs and until they are finished off, the title still belongs to them.

The playoffs are a bit different than the regular season in that it's tough for teams that do not have a deep bench and Boston's bench is one of the most shallow of all the better teams.

There are so many good teams this year that any one team is only a single injury to one of their top three or four players away from a playoff disaster.

Oh, as for baseball, maybe you'd like to talk about 'Big Poppy's' batting average so far this spring.......

12. Pickettt

Pickettt New Member

Not more of the geographically challenged thinking Anaheim is Los Angeles...or in Los Angeles County for that matter, or even bordering a city that is in Los Angeles County.

13. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

This is good and more like it...

My objective worked hook, line and sinker. Bravo, boys, bravo and thank you! :beer:

Now keep discussing amongst yourselves. This is healthy and constructive dialogue and should not be halted for any reason. :wave:

(Take that, Burner! :lol: )

14. un-kola

Retired!
    Why not? If the New York Giants,(who play in New Jersey of all places) can do it..... :lol: - Lloyd

15. ryandood

ryandood i ride bikes

Student
    Lakers!!! I found some cheap tickets for tonights game and can't wait!!! It'll be my first time at staples so it should be interesting. I've got shitty seats but it'll still be fun.

Celtics are an awsome team with, by far, the best record in the NBA but that's only because they play in the east! Look at the playoff list for the east, some teams are far far behind the Celtics. That just kinda puts things into perspective as to what they have been playing against. Even though they have played well against the west teams, I think that they won't be ready for the level of play the west(Lakers, haha) will bring.

I think the west is going to be crazy competitive just as it has been for the past month or so. I am Lakers all the way but I wouldn't bet that they will win all the way just because the west is so competitive.

Our win over SA and NO was awsome, especially NO. SA game was a bit hindered because no ginobli for the spurs, not sure if that will really count because he's a huge component of the team. As far as MVP race, I'll be there tonight screaming MVP for #24!!

16. Code Blue

Code Blue Guest

Ortiz

Lost his "Pop" because he is off the juice.

17. CPATCRASH

CPATCRASH Enjoy the ride!

Selling the elderly hopes and dreams
    Who cares! Aren't there still something like 800 baseball games left till playoffs?

I can't watch hoop either! It's all to boaring except hockey! :bang:

18. un-kola

Retired!
    That's a minor league sport,kind of like AYSO.:D What kind of national sport is only broadcast on Vs.,a channel that very few systems carry.By the way,how 'bout them Kings?- ;) - Lloyd

19. Code Blue

Code Blue Guest

Ducks?

They still play'in:?:

Los Halo's fo life:bang:

20. CPATCRASH

CPATCRASH Enjoy the ride!

Selling the elderly hopes and dreams

Yea, maybe. But it's probably because most americans like a sport where they can get up to get food of beer and not miss anything.

In exciting sports like hockey you have to wait for the period to be over.

And don't diss the Kings. They are currently in there 36th year of rebuilding!

Yes, they are! Smart ass! :beer: