Happy F**kin' New Year-Palm Canyon

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by mtnbikej, Jan 3, 2010.

1. mtnbikej

mtnbikej Well-Known Member

Update:

Wooooohoooooo got my cast off 3 weeks ago....Was put in a walking boot, that I am not allowed to walk with. Was told to work on my range of motion, but I am still not allowed to weight bare on it.

Go back next Monday and hopefully will get the ok to start walking on it.

Hopped on the spin bike the week after I got the cast off......had to shoehorn my foot into by bike shoe. Felt great pedalling, but could not clip out.

Have been riding the bike for the last month or so. With the walking boot and a flat pedal, it has been great getting on the bike. Still do 95% of the pedalling with the left foot, but at least I am getting some exercise. Have been building he endurance up.....finally back up to an hour without feeling like I am going to die.

After 11 weeks there is still a small about of swelling.....my kankle is starting to look a little more normal each day.

2. mtnbikej

mtnbikej Well-Known Member

UPDATE:

Well went back to the doc yesterday.......was hoping to walk out of there without my crutches......no go.

The fracture to my fibula is just about healed, you can no longer see the fracture line in the Xray.....yeah! :bang:

But the fracture in the tibia is still just faintly visible. So it is getting there.

I thought I was a little farther ahead than I acutally am. Jan. 14th was surgery day, so I am really only 8-9 weeks into a 10-12 week recovery. Looks like I can now start to begin putting weight on it....a little more every 5 days. In about 3 weeks, I should be able to put all my weight on it.

I was hoping to be back on my bike by the end of April, but mid May might be a more likely goal.

Thanks to all who wished me well while I was out at the VQ/CC this weekend.

3. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

Thanks for keeping up updated. The healing process never seems to go as fast as we want it to!!! But our bodies are much happier when we take the time to heal properly! ;)

4. OB1

OB1 You're a Member

Realtor
    Home Page:
    I don't know you, but I feel for you. Broken bones are no bueno....but ripped up tendons are......the end.