Fully Loop Social and Tea Party

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by 26'er Zen Master, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrailJesus

TrailJesus New Member

student
    Man that took balls to take that steep downhill... i'm surprised you didn't get any big cuts that was a HARD landing but you got up like a champ :clap: It must have been that pile of horse poo that broke your fall :lol:

2. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    Even the LBS's were representing last night. We had both Adrenalin and the Path owners/workers out there. Both Gabe and Tani did that cliff/drop right before the tracks. Gabe was still trying to clip in after he was a third of the way down. Major pucker factor on this one.

I really enjoyed the ride tonight. We picked up the pace slightly and everyone did real well. The ss was a good choice.

3. Jordansrealm

Jordansrealm New Member

Photographer/Editor
    Home Page:
    Great time on the loop de loop tonight. Thanks to Jesse and Lety for riding the prelap with me to make to duece on the night. Good times :) Sorry I missed the afterparty and wouldnt you know it my shoot this morning cancelled darn it.

4. RacinJason

RacinJason Banned

Last night was fun.

I did the little Down hill before the tracks also . It would be cool to set up a jump on the other side like a step up ski jump.
    Ty who went down that hill after me bit it hard and bounced a couple of times. It looked like it hurt but he was up right away like nothin happened. :bang: I think the mud pie might have padded the fall. Got away with hardly a scratch.
    I took the red Chumba EVO out for it's first ride it worked great .:) BTW thanks for the tube that was cool.

5. genusmtbkr5

genusmtbkr5 STR Moderator

Lead Aircraft Mechanic for Major Airline at LAX
    Ya it was a fun loop last night. OMR made an appearance. Rach and Ashley also rode. We had a nice pace going. I missed the crash by Ty on the drop just before the tracks. I heard it was a good one. He showed up to work last night, so he wasn't hurt too bad. Looking forward to next week.

6. Letyrides

Letyrides Roar!

Had a great time. It was my first time doing a double and even with the heat I didn't feel too bad. Although I did get a cramp and was wishing for some pickle juice!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2007
  7. Dino Brown

Dino Brown Sir Smack-Alot

The ride was ALOT of fun- for many reasons. "Old Man Riding" (mtber3737) made an appearance.... CeeDub showed up for his first FULLY ride- and took off with non-STR people..... The King of All Knuckleheads (Gabe):bang: took the cliff/drop on his hardtail..... Jason did it on the Chumba........ Tighe ridr took the drop:clap: and was millimeters from successfully completing it. At his weight and on his bike (i.e. the inevitable compression at the end of the drop), he had CANNONBALL sized stones for even attempting it!! Maximum Respect. TIGHE--- we need a bruise report!!!!

A special Dino Brown shout out goes to...... Tani from The Path!!!:welcome: Not for finally showing up to the ride..... not for being FIRST to take the drop.... not for joining us for spirits after the ride........ a special shout out goes out to Tani for bringing The Iron Horse!!!!:clap: A freeriding God..... Iron Horse finally sent the help I needed! The smack talking will most certainly continue!!!

Long live The Iron Horse Bicycle Company! :bang:

8. OMR

OMR Old Man Riding...

Realtor
    Grasshoppers....

That was a lot of fun last night. The weather couldn't have been better nor the company! It's been 18 long years since my tread has touched Fullerton soil... way too long. There's a lot more single track and spurs off the main trail now & much more fun. Thanks to Gene for showing the way... local home boy.

Also, special thanks to grasshopper Dino, who took me under his wing and showed me the cool drop offs and alternate extra credits available... I could tell that the Curtlo loved it! It used the "Force"....

It was extra cool to meet many of you guys & girls that I correspond with on this board... fun to put faces with handles.... and the beer tasted extra tasty after the ride as well.... all in all, a very sano ride!

Definitely won't be another 18 years before I visit again!

:wave:

OMR

9. LBmtb

LBmtb good times

software engineer
    Damn, too bad I missed it. Hopefully I'll get my bike back soon. Will def make it next thursday ...

10. ShinKen

ShinKen STR BUB!!

Ohh danngg!! Tani finally made it to the loop?:bang: too bad I missed it!!#-o

11. dstepper

dstepper (R.I.P.) Over the hill

www.themostprogram.com owner
    Home Page:
    Jorge next time speak up about the bike, I would have brought my 5-Spot for ya.

Dean

12. queenwilhelmina

queenwilhelmina God Save the Queen

Big muchas gracias to Lety for helpin out with my chain trouble! My BIG MIKEY sammich was delish too.

13. CC

CC V.P. Kickstand Inspection

unemployed, Sales Exec for a Steel company
    The Force is strong with this one...

Obi
    It was great meeting you too. Please join us again sometime soon. It is always great to have a wise person as yourself to grace us with your presence. :)

humbly yours ~ cc

14. queenwilhelmina

queenwilhelmina God Save the Queen

Oh yeah!

I almost forgot to say thanks to Cathy for being a good friend.:)

15. Steven Jackson

Steven Jackson My loop, my rules!

Pizza Maker/Delivery Driver
    Home Page:
    I could get my hands on a new Motiv for you.

16. TrailJesus

TrailJesus New Member

student
    Yeah this was my fourth time ever at the loop and i did the double loop yay! :beer: OH man when july 31st hits they're not going to know what hit them at Heroes! Props to jordan and lety for encouraging me to double loop :clap:

17. CC

CC V.P. Kickstand Inspection

unemployed, Sales Exec for a Steel company
    Doh' Rach it was great seeing you and Ashley out there. I guess you didn't make it over for the post ride eats. It gets pretty late by the time we finish, but you guys are always welcome. Just keep encouraging her and before you know it, she will finish that ride.

See you guys on the trail soon.:wave:

18. sauce

sauce New Member

Dissertation writing
    Home Page:
    great fun! man, that ellsworth epiphany is fun ... sssssssooooo much sus for a xc bike!

19. ShugaMama

ShugaMama New Member

Good times...

The hubby(Carbonman) and i finally made it with our son, Adam. We had to kind of ride straight through, as Adam tends to be like the human version of the movie "Speed"- stop moving and pay the consequences. We broke the chain over by the golf course, though and he was fine waiting in the trailer while repairs were done. One of these nights we'll have to get a sitter so we can do the ride and the post-ride food/drink-fest:bang:

20. Pain Freak

Pain Freak Dead or Alive

Da Boss
    Home Page:
    I was the guy on the white surly that caught up to you guys at the end of the sidewalk. I stopped to wait for the group. Watching the little one as you guys did that drop in at the start of the ride was classic. He acted like "No big deal". We all got a kick out of that. Hope to see and ride with you guys again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.