diesel owners. read it and weep

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by 92se-r, Jan 16, 2010.

1. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

No, your car is still adding extra fuel during warm up to get the Cat temps up, running your car at redline truly does nothing for getting the cats going.

Mannext thing you know people are going to start saying its exhaust flow that drives a turbo......... another wonderfull misnomer......<hides>

2. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

Here, linky to cats, and how theywork

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalytic_converter

part I wanted to hilight in the meltdown section.....reason being, it doesnt say it directly, but added fuel<rich> makes for significantly higher cat temps

3. 92se-r

92se-r Active Member

Electrical Engineer
    I know that Lee. I started off on a tangent about sniffer tests for gas vehicles. What Mike and I werer talking about doesn't apply to the diesels because all they have is a particulate visual test and not a sniffer test.

4. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

Not yet anyways.......

5. Y-NOT

Y-NOT New Member

This is part of the letter from the U.S. Army Research, Development, and Engineering Command in Warren, Michigan. National Aumotive Center Physical Simulation Team. May 2005
    "Our first oil sampling was taken after 29 days of operation and tested out at a 10/18 ISO Code. This means that the oil is now 450 times cleaner than new oil from a refinery and 105 times cleaner then new oil for military specs............We also noticed that the the additives in the oil did not deplete. The additives remained intact........... Most recently the oil reports came back with a 9/6 ISO Code. This means the oil is 1,006 times cleaner than new oils from a refinery and 235 times cleaner then new oil military ISO specs.......

I am no rocket scientist or have a Phd. in anything, but the person who did the tests is an expert. I wish I can show you more data, but I can't at this time.

6. UR2KLOS

UR2KLOS Senior Member

I'm no expert either but all this shows is that you can clean oil. You don't address #2,3, or 4 in your original list of claims. And how much energy does it take to clean the oil?

7. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

hmmm, all I can say to that is, I really need to have some type of a link to go along with it to back it up with something..... any info whatsoever available???????

And on top of that, I just dont see ow this is something that while working the oil like that, can be something that is just a simple addon that isnt a major unit to install, as yo put it, relativly the same size as a standard filter..... I just dont see how thats physically possible without major modification, and major addons to make it work.

Besides..... if it really can do all this, it will never bee seen by the public, the oil companies will buy up the patent and keep it fromt he public anyways.

8. UR2KLOS

UR2KLOS Senior Member

You mean like this: http://www.ev1.org/chevron.htm

9. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

Yeap something like that

10. Cilantro13

Cilantro13 ...

Any patent is only for 20 years max (from the date the patent was filed). Also, although it seems unfair, keep in mind that patents are a quid pro quo -- the inventor only disclosed it publicly in exchange for the patent. Otherwise, it would have likely remained a trade secret or even perhaps never developed (because there has to be some reward from R&D costs) and we wouldn't be having this conversation at all because the inventor would have not put in the time or resources to develop it.

This happens all the time in the patent world. And the inventor probably made a boatload off Chevron! Seems unfair, but so far our patent system has put America far in the lead in terms of aggregate innovation.

11. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

Based on Y-NOT's choice of words, it looks like the company he's referring to is http://www.hoffcentrifuge.com/
    Briefly looking through their info, they make no mention of horsepower gains or a reduction in emissions output. Furthermore, it doesn't look like one of these systems would fit in my Dodge Ram (unless there are smaller versions I didn't see). It appears to be more directed toward filtering very large hydraulic systems.

There's a distributor of this product in Buena Park called Alpha Omega Centrifuge.

12. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

It was a joke by the way, but yes, it is a true statement that alot of patent owners have made a boatload from companies that Dont want there product to be used.

13. Y-NOT

Y-NOT New Member

Alpha Omega is no longer an entity.
    The technology is the same, but the size is like I said, not much larger than the standard filter unit. There was a site that had this information about three months ago, but it was shut down. I guess the owners thought it was too early in the game to show the information, for patent concerns.

There may be more truth in this statement than you know. Everything has it's price.....

14. Y-NOT

Y-NOT New Member

Sorry 92se-r for the highjack.

15. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

Naw, this thread has gon e about four different directions

16. 92se-r

92se-r Active Member

Electrical Engineer
    Yup, I think of it as getting more bang for the buck. One thread, but lots of content. LOL.

17. Y-NOT

Y-NOT New Member

As new developments and test results are available I'll keep you posted. Thank you for your comments, they have been noted and will be a big help in the future. Maybe I'll set you up with a unit and you can do some independent testing..........There is one catch, and that is I'll only deliver after we ride.

18. Heyitsdave

Heyitsdave Member

Testing more vehicles is good news for the state of California, the shop and my family's future.:)

19. 92se-r

92se-r Active Member

Electrical Engineer
  20. mxvet

mxvet New Member

Vote YES on Prop 23...or it's going to get a WHOLE LOT WORSE.