Bicycleeverything.com

Discussion in 'Bike Shop Reviews' started by galvestonian, Nov 25, 2010.

1. galvestonian

galvestonian New Member

I just went through a lengthy ordeal with the retailer bicycleeverything.com. It started in early November when I ordered a new bicycle light from them. Usually when ordering online, retailers allow customers to create an account to know when their items ship. This was also the case with this merchant. But every time I went online to check the status of my order, the status was “awaiting fulfillment”. Even now it still shows this for my order and I’ve finally received it. And I tried calling the merchant dozens of times but it always went to voicemail. I even e-mailed them and never got an answer. Also according to their website, they offer shipping to military APO/FPO addresses. But when I placed my order and tried inputting my APO military address, I got a message saying that they could not ship my light to my military address. So I ended up having to send it to my mom in Texas and have her forward it to me at an added postal charge. Since I needed the light fast, I opted for the UPS shipping service. Only to find out later that the merchant instead used USPS. What an experience. It took almost a month to get my light. Then to top it all off, the seal on the box had been broken, so I don’t know if the merchant sent me a previously owned product or what. The light I ordered was the NiteRider 1400 Pro LED, for $489.00. I certainly hope others have had a better experience with this company. Needless to say they will not see any more business from me.

2. 2wheel_lee

2wheel_lee Active Member

You joined all the message boards just to rant. (Here's another example of the crossposting: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=668877)

In the future, you may want to stick with the local bike shops or the mail order houses that have a known-good reputation instead of trying the unknowns.