2009 Fontana City National/Kenda Cup West/Rock Shox Golden State Downhill #1

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by denmother, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Fired Yo Momma

Fired Yo Momma Kenny Powers!!!

Classified
    i guess the best analogy would be someone who sent Lance a die faster card when he was down for the count fighting cancer... although Lance might be inclined to punch them in the face.

:lol: I could be misreading what you trying to communicate but please are you trying to compare your wife with Lance A and secondly I my be a prick but I am not cold hearted. I would not wish your wife...cough cough Lance A a die faster card.

#-o

Welcome back Justin your posts are so wonderful :clap:

2. yjgfikl

yjgfikl Braaaaaap

I work at Giant
    Home Page:
    I'll be there

3. Lor

Lor New Member

special ed teacher
    I echo this too but it says no membership for DH and 4X. Maybe this time we don't have to purchase the membership.

4. jbiron

jbiron New Member

Dad
    Anyone know if they'll be running the full XC course from last year or the shorter one I've heard they've used in the Winter Series. Anyone got a map of the short course they could post.

5. BoingBoing

BoingBoing Team Sisyphus

manual stabilization
    I don't know what the course will be, but I can tell you what the Winter Series course is like:

Currently (it has changed somehow from each race to the next) it is almost as long as the "full XC course."

Before the first singletrack descent (the one with the big rock that used to freak me out) there is a new section of singletrack. Basically, instead of taking that wide road down to the first descent, you wind around on the right side of the road for quite a ways and then cross over to the old "first descent."

When you get to the sandy road you go straight instead of turning right towards "Hell/Hurl Hill." There is some new singletrack cut in to get you up the backside of the course. Hell Hill and the switchback ascent across the way are gone. Since the city or county of Riverside won't let SRC race there, I don't see why the National would be able to race there.

The backside of the course is the same. Only exception is a little drop added so that racers aren't running into each other going both ways through the sandy road section.

Hope that helps.

6. pinnacle10

pinnacle10 Member

Teacher
    Home Page:
    Yeah....from what I've heard no more racing in the Riverside County section of the course.

7. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

All ya gotta do is ask!!!!

Straight from the horses mouth!!!

March 27-29th
    Championship Jerseys for Expert & Pro category
    Custom grip covers to all first place classes
    No Membership required to race the Downhill and 4X!​
    Sorry no SRC Discounts during the Nationals.
    **This race is also Round 1 of the Rock Shox Golden State Downhill series (same race basically double points i.e. SRC overall title and Golden State Downhill title both of which award their own winner's jerseys).

Note: Due to the fact that there is no longer a DH "National Series" each promoter that is hosting a "Kenda Cup" race is allowed to hold their own DH/4x/DS race during the same time (i.e. Fontana City Nationals and the Santa Ynez Valley Classic).

8. deja vu

deja vu done dirt cheap!

That's what I remember from last year, still same deal? I went to the website and looked around but still confused. Probably race sport if another $60 to race expert.
    2 laps for sport, right??

is sport the cat2/3 race Saturday, start at 11AM and expert cat1 Sunday start 9AM???

9. yjgfikl

yjgfikl Braaaaaap

I work at Giant
    Home Page:

I don't think we need to have a license for this year's "national" because it's not actually endorsed by usa cycling. I already registered for jr. expert by doing it online and I didn't have to put in my license number in anywhere like I had to for sea otter.

Hey denmother, what do you mean they are allowed to put on their events at the same time...? isn't the firestone race the week after sea otter? I'm really looking forward to it and I hope i won't have to choose between fontucky and sgdc

10. Team Sho-Air

Team Sho-Air New Member

If she will contact me, i will submit her request to USAC and have her upgraded, i told Heidi that, however i have not heard from her?

Scott

11. Team Sho-Air

Team Sho-Air New Member

We are recognizing both cat 2 and cat 3 for a National Series and regional Champions, and as far as charging to much, lets see………….this year you get a series T-Shirt, Series Water Bottle, a In and Out meal ticket for the first 250 in XC and DH, 3 different drink mixes, a chain tool, a tube, gel pac, an energy drink and various discount coupons……………..I don’t know, but I think that is pretty good.

In fact it is the best deal going, so nut it up and come out and race! :bang:]

12. danhilow

danhilow Daniel

Paramedic
    Does anyone know how many laps we will be doing in XC? Cat 1...

13. Team Sho-Air

Team Sho-Air New Member

3 :beer:

14. denmother

DH and 4x info

Donny is not requiring a USAC license for 4x or DH. The Super D and XC is still part of the Kenda Cup Series and does requires a license.

Donny is charging $45 for DH and $40 for 4x. The DH shuttle fee is $15 for 3 days. Everything is spelled out on the flyer: http://www.southridgeusa.com/FontanaCityNationalEventFlyer.pdf.

I assume you are referring to the Kenda Cup which is XC and SD, correct? I beleive he was referring to DH.

Like I said, if there is a DH course, the promoter has the option of holding a DH race at the same time as the Kenda Cup. I do not know what Mike Hecker/SG Productions is doing for DH and DS as he has not posted anything yet. I will email him and see what I can find out. In the meantime, here is what is posted on his web site www.ridesb.com.

Hello Racers!

In 2009 SG Productions and the SG Dirt Club in Los Olivos will be hosting many events, we have a busy year planned for you so please take a look at our calendar and visit it often. Our main event has returned to it's traditional final weekend in April, the 9th Annual Santa Ynez Valley Classic is April 24-26 and is part of the Kenda Cup West Series! Prior to this event we will host an event that was a good success last year the SGDC Pre-Otter weekend on April 11 - 12, with XC, DS and DH, the week before Sea Otter.

In May we will host the finals of the Inaugural So Cal Interscholastic Cycling League! Then the weekend of May 16th and 17th we will host the first Dirt Club 24 Hour Race. And starting on June 13 & 14 is the SGDC Summer Series (these dates are subject to change if a conflict arises) with XC, DS and DH once a month until Sept. Of course the 24 Hours of Chamberlin Ranch is in late Oct and our winter events are scheduled as well.

All our events will be fairly priced and very grassroots oriented, no coroplast checks or nifty podium backdrops, just pure racing action at a beautiful venue in the Santa Ynez Wine Country, cycling paradise!

Hope to see you there a lot this year!

Enjoy the ride,

Mike Hecker - Owner
    SG Productions
    [email protected]

15. denmother

Confusion?????

Dear boys and girls,

I see that some of you are very confused regarding this year's race at Fontana. I have tried to provide as much information as possible regarding the DH/4x/DS race(s) that are being held. If you read back through the previous posts instead of asking the same questions over and over :lol: you might get your answers faster. ;)

If there are any I have not answered, please post here or send me a pm!!!!! I don't want to see anyone stay away from the race because they have the wrong/incomplete info!!!!

Let's come out in STR force and support DH/4x racing in Socal!!!!!

This was just added on www.southridgeusa.com

DOWNHILL PURSE!
    50% OF PRO ENTRY FEES WILL GO INTO THE PRO PURSE

16. denmother

I checked with Allison, she already got the upgrade!!!

Ok slackers, who else is racing???

RSVP'd Yes: 15
    • BFloFoxRider. - 338
    • DBD - 279o - A Yes for now but it will be a last minute call.
    • Dynamatt - DH baby
    • Flying Tiger
    • Foesnasty - hells ya
    • ghixon - XC pain has it's own reward - that that reward is, I don't know....
    • Laggdawg - See you all out there (XC) and beer drinking!
    • lizardking - DH for my 2 kids!
    • m210
    • Sharky
    • slayer - should be there for DH
    • SuperDKim - XC, Super D & DH..Looks like will be a busy weekend for me!
    • Upsidedown1 - Man March and April are going to really push me to my limits.
    • Vince - DH 45-o
    • Wrecker - Every time I say maybe to a race, it's usually a last minute go (XC)
    RSVP'd Maybe: 2

17. Team Sho-Air

Team Sho-Air New Member

You all should at least come out and do the JFF Ride (just for fun) it will be led off by none other then "Deadly Nedly" Ned Overend if you sign up fast you can even qualify for the grab bag! Bring your kids and friends and ride a 1.5 mile loop of the track at a fun pace with a legend!

Shred :bang:

18. Team Sho-Air

Team Sho-Air New Member

The first 500 racers of all types XC,DH,4X,SD,etc will get a grab bag and meal ticket.

First come First serve for online registration at sportsbase on line.

First 250 XC riders to register on line will get a grab bag and meal ticket!

First 250 Gravity (all Gravity) to register on line will get a grab bag and meal ticket!

In and Out will also have 200 extra burgers for sale if you dont have a meal ticket, we will also have an extra 200 T-Shirts for sale for 15 bucks each or 2 for $25 bucks. 200 water bottles for $2 bucks each.

19. ranoaclan

ranoaclan New Member

Hey Scott

Just a Quick shout out!
    SCOTT you are doing a great job with the MTB Nationals! We racers and fellow industry folks appreciate your efforts!
    Jason Ranoa:clap:

20. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

I dont get why I need to pay $15 for a shuttle for 3 days. Are they going to let me shuttle on Sunday? No.So if we dont practice on Friday do we need to pay the shuttle fee? I mean I am not really up for driving out there for 2 hours of practice.

I am really thinking of skipping this all together. This race is obviously for the Expert/Pros and just taking the Sport/Beginners money.