your thoughts...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by .8down, Jan 23, 2008.

1. .8down

.8down Active Member

I'm working on a deal with someone in portland for a Kona Cowan DS. Same one Adam rides..and yes Im thinking about making a SS of it...my fascination of Fully suspended bikes is driving my "wants"...question posed:

A. I should spend the money on a Hardtail SS, basically can build a brand new bike for the cost of the Cowan

B. build up SS Cowan and so I can go fast(er), mostly because my wallet will be lighter...

2. tkblazer

tkblazer Zack Attack

IIRC Adam is an animal and his bike weighs around 32-33lb as a SS or 2 speed. go ride your trance in the middle ring and 4 or 5 on the cassette and see if you can see yourself riding that around all the time...

just get a hardtail if you want to ss...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2008
  3. .8down

.8down Active Member

point...I have actually ridden some what SS gearing(did a little today actually) and it was tough...and I know Adam is an animal. Not trying to compare myself to him, I'm just really liking the thought of a full SS, but as you say maybe every thing has its place...and I don't even know why I would want to SS!!! except to get stronger for rides on my Geary and maybe take it out on fun rides with my girl.

4. foofighter

foofighter Ride More Talk Less

if you got money burning do it thai! im never one to say no :) so build it ride it enjoy it. then build a SS HT :)