Your Pocket Knife and the Big Cats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jcampbell, Oct 5, 2012.

1. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

Not that I wish harm on anyone here but I kind of want to see what would happen to all these people who think they are gonna win this battle when it really happens.

2. tracysurf

tracysurf New Member

World domination one website at a time - owner of
    Home Page:
    Ironically, you'd probably bleed out a couple hundred yards down the trail after you won the battle, leaving two carcasses and a horror show for some unsuspecting hikers. Regardless, still carrying my knife.

3. IDY-Craig

IDY-Craig Lake Arrowhead

Animals
    Ske-e-e-e-etchy!
    I think that Iyz pack set up with wife-line and life-knife was the best.
    I was just riding Keller last Saturday night. I stopped to make an adjustment and looked around. My garmin had me at 6662. A big rock face was 4 ft behind/above me with a perfect pouncing ledge. Quick math told me that 6666 ft elevation solo riding at night under rock and tree canopy with high ledges was stacking the odds against me.
    Whenever I stop I always shine my light 360 around me thinking that anything looking at me for dinner will have eyes reflecting in the light. Silly me to believe the culprit will be waiting where I stop and not just tackle me mid-ride. More likely, it will wait until I am gagging for oxygen, weak and slowly climbing some section. I use that as extra motivation to turn the pedals over on the climbs.

4. mpmffitz

mpmffitz Farm Freerider

Hand cuffs and leg irons please
    During my nite rides I would spray myself down with OC spray, without getting the Olerisin Capsicum in my face. I figured it would be better than nothing. A cat will normally attack from the rear so a knife will do little to save you as you bleed out and go into shock. But hey, great video!!

5. bing!

bing! Active Member

i will be ecstatic not to be the guy who comes to his senses for 10 seconds after a lion attack and have no recourse. just hanging there shoulder in its jaws as the lion waits for the life to drift away from is prey. if i can move, i will move my hand the few inches to my blade and fight for my life.

fist fight, mugging, climbing accident, guy choking on his steak, car crash, front wheel washout, lion attack.... theyre all the same. a split second decision done right can be the difference. ive made a few of those split second decisions to know that given a chance, i will react. never thought of it as a guarantee