Your general mood while riding is...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by richie_rich, Jun 19, 2008.

?

Your general mood while riding...

1. Happy to be alive!

28 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Great exercise and another great day!

46 vote(s)
    65.7%
  3. Don't say hello to me, I'm in a race with myself and can't spare the lost second.

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. Why do I even ride? I hate every minute of it.

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jasonmason

jasonmason inebriate savant

Geologist when I have to work, which is too often.
    I'm always stoked to be out riding!

...except when I'm climbing the wall on main divide. But then I'm stoked about the cold beer waiting in my cooler!:beer:

2. Krztaco

Krztaco Big Pimp'in Spnd'in Cheez

Haha Lmao!!!!

:lol:

:beer:

I guess I owe you a cold one or two to top off your tank

KRZ:lol:

3. Code Blue

Code Blue Guest

Diesel

I thought you little jack rabbits would have learned by now that you maybe fast....for awhile......but the diesel doesn't stop!

4. lardbutt

lardbutt I may be old, but I'm fat

Jekyl and Hyde

I am a completely different person when I am riding solo than when I am riding with a group. Solo I tend to put the headphones in and ride as hard and long as I can that day to get a great workout and push myself. I say "Howdy" to everyone, no exceptions, even the critters I see. In a group, I am a lot more in tune with the "vibe" of the group and just want to hang out with my friends and enjoy the ride and the day. I still say "Howdy" to everyone and everything I meet.

Any day on the dirt is a gift.

5. Mondo

Mondo aka Mondo

Bike stuff
    Home Page:
    It depends, really...

Often times I ride simply to get myself into a better mood...it always works.

Nothing gets me feeling good like a good ride with friends; dirt, vert/street, road...doesn't matter.

Although riding alone is a necessity too sometimes...

1., 2., and occasionally a mild 3.

6. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

When I'm riding, I'm in total training and in race mode. Don't waste my time with your silly grins and hello's or God forbid, small talk about the weather, bikes or worse, your personal life. Otherwise, you'll feel like a fool by being completely ignored because I don't care!!!

When I'm in the zone (which is almost always), I'm either "totally climb'ing" or "totally dh'ing". There is no gay-gray area. Thank you and please KIR. Nothing to see here!

7. ArrrKelly

ArrrKelly New Member

I am like this all the time, not just on the bike. Whatever I do im totally doing it. Non stop. You are invisible unless you have a nice rack.

8. Kid A

Kid A now with 40% more bacon

working 4 da man
    au natural
    [​IMG]

9. BoingBoing

BoingBoing Team Sisyphus

manual stabilization
    My usual ride starts with 2 miles of paved bike path which warms me up in two ways. Some of the people obliviously taking up both lanes don't respond to my bell but do move over when I say "Good morning." I haven't tried "Get the F outa the way!" but I suspect it may be less effective.

Then when I'm climbing dirt, huffing, puffing and sweating, I keep up the greetings and guess what? It seems to lighten my mood and make the climb easier! When I'm sucking the Camelbak for dear life, I simply nod. I don't know why some ignore my greetings, but I don't let it bother me. Hell, my hearing's not always the best (too many punk concerts as a kid).

Lastly, when I fly by people on the downhill-side of a fireroad, I continue my greetings. I have no idea what I look like to them. They might not realize that the brakes on my MTB are better than most cars. In fact, forget the brakes, if I rode as fast last year as I do today, I would have been an out-of-control maniac endangering the public safety. If I'm greeting them pleasantly, they don't freak out and call the cops.

Somehow, all of this stuff is partly responsible for the fact that when I'm riding I'm almost always in mood #1.

PS: I used to say hi to all the animals, but I've given up on the lizards. They always take my line and go too slow!

10. BAD_S197

BAD_S197 New Member

EMT
    I'm generally in a good mood but when those moments of "holy hell what am I doing out here, I'm gonna die" from being out of shape pops up... I'm still in a good mood but questioning myself.

Then I suck it up and keep going.

Overall it's a blast, just frustrating at times. :bang: