Your attention please! A new mtb park?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hill^billy, Jul 26, 2012.

1. hill^billy

hill^billy KICK YOUR OWN A$$!.......

rug sucker
    The Acton Bike Club? I just got an E-mail from an fellow STR member and ride buddy Scottay. He told me there was a new bike Park coming to my home town here in Acton. I think the letters used were WTF! Scottay attached a FB link so I went there. To my amazement, two of the guys behind this I know, and one of them is an old high school buddy Ted Guilmette, who was a professional founding BMX rider. The other Eirnie Alexander who was the one who opened Indian Dunes Moto Park in the 70's by Santa Clarita, and also founded NBA, and inducted into the BMX hall of fame.
    So of course I contacted Ted immediately, and I went out to see it for myself. I am impressed, and I want to help anyway I can. It is on 120 acres and there is a big, rocky mountain to work with. This is in the infant stage,but there is a hole lot done already, I can't believe Ted has done most of the work himself!
    He has his tracks built,but they need some finishing touches, also need to be packed down, says they will be ready for race day. The property is zoned for camping and just so happens to be located right next to So. Calif. best kept secret till now, the AT(Acton Trail). So if I have peeked your curiosity, than go to Acton Bike Club on face book and you will get info on the event dates. There are also Mud Running events being held. Ted said he needs people to get out and ride it as he needs more advice for buildin his tracks as he is old school. He encourages people to come out and ride after his Mud Run Series which ends at 12:00 on Aug. 4, if you ride you will have to sign a waver. Let's hope this takes flight, we need a MTB park, hell, I need an MTB park in my back yard:bang:

2. hill^billy

rug sucker
    Ed, you guys back yet? I need to talk to Steve about an ST machine.

3. Steve C

Steve C Team Sausages 2012

Special projects manager
    That sounds like awesome.

4. Mikie Watson

Mikie Watson Member

Mountain Bike Forum Owner
    Home Page:
    Donate some Tractor Werk

Looks like an opportunity to create another version of Tapia. I have a backhoe that I could donate some time on.
    Dougie, I'll get with you the first of next week and maybe we could putt the course on bikes (nice and easy, naturally). I think I'm up for a cruise...
    Let me know!
    Have your bud take a look at my Tractor Website and see if what I have is a fit: www.dirtwerxinc.com

~Mikie

5. sir crashalot

sir crashalot Member

artist, picture framer
    seems like every year we hear about someone starting a bike park (vail lake, that area out by palmdale, and last year somewhere in riverside?) and it never actually comes to fulfillment.

6. CarlS

CarlS Member

yup, what ever happened to that socal bike park that was supposed to happen out near Hemet? that is right in my backyard and the guys behind it seemed super sure it was going to happen. I don't think that I have heard anything 6 months now... guess that sorta fizzled out.:?:

7. hill^billy

rug sucker
    Ok, so the first ever race will be held Sunday this week August 5th, at the Acton Bike Club if any of you might want to check it out. Than you can decide if the place has any potential or not. I hope it is successful.