You Know It's Been Too Long When...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Waldo, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Waldo

Waldo Lebowski Urban Achiever

Foothill Ranch... but my credit card lives at The
    ..you walk through the room, head down, because you can't bear to look at her. She is both sad and spiteful; beautiful yet tragic; mocking you yet yearning for closeness.

"I'm sorry, baby" you say, as if mere words can make up for the lack of actions which would have proved your desire. "I've just been so busy; there's all this stress at work."

It's a cop-out, and it's the truth too, and you both know that regardless of which it is, it's not good enough. You slink out, hating yourself for abandoning her, yet knowing that right now your attention will remain elsewhere.

"I'm sorry," you say once more as you turn your back and leave her behind. Even though you know that it hurts you worse than it hurts her, you still feel horribly guilty all the same.

You know it's been too long when you've had this conversation, and it was with your bike!

Only 1 ride in nearly 3 weeks. No injuries; no mechanicals. Just busy. I feel so dirty, and in completely the wrong way.

:-({|=

2. FoShizzle

FoShizzle New Member

paper pusher
    sorry dude, at least you have 1 ride in 3 weeks but yeah, i know how you feel. i have fiddled with the bikes more than ever just wanting to ride me, but i cant. If it werenet for the Shipyard Export in front of me i dont know what i would do....

my work is SO BAD....when i go to lunch and see all the whiny asss dolts sitting there taking 3 hour lunches I am sure, i just want to smack them with their lunch tray.

3. xhuskr

xhuskr Powered by Guinness

Teacher (da wee ones)
    8-[sounds familiar........i've got the back to school blues (fewer rides :( )

4. mottmcfly

mottmcfly New Member

IT tech
    :-k I know exactly where you are coming from. I have the same guilt...

Mott

5. PacMan

PacMan New Member

Ya, I'm right there with you guys. My 22 rides last month was pathetic.:lol::lol::beer:

6. Chewyeti

Chewyeti Circus Bear

i suck too.....

school + work + building cars + chick = 1-2 rides a week

7. DirtRider

DirtRider Dirt is good

CPA
    Home Page:
    Wait until you are married with 3 kids, a dog and a passion for mountain biking... i have one kid in training for MTB already!!!! it gives you a reason to get on the trails even if they are shorter rides on flatter trails... at least it brings a smile to your kid's face to be riding with Dad!!! no better way to melt your heart and keep things in perspective after a stressful week at work

8. boludo

boludo Member

Money Manager/Finance
    Oh, I've got you all beat. 6 kids, all 7 and under, 10 hour days at work, then the "home work".

The best line I ever heard that changed my biking time was... "Its not finding time to ride, its making time to ride that matters."

I'm so desperate to stay in riding shape I bought slicks for my 15 yr old Trek carbon hardtail and ride it to work at least 2 times a week.

In the last 2 weeks I've missed Old Camp, San Juan, and new trail in San Clem that the guys found.

Why. Back to school night 3 times, moving the pa in law from LA to RSM, and watching the kids whilst the wife got some R&R.

But dont forget. Its when you walk by the "mistress" and the "call" doesnt come that you need to worry.