you knew it was coming! another business tri from hell!!!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by slowSSer, Apr 17, 2008.

1. slowSSer

slowSSer ali'i hua

Project Scientist
    you knew it was coming! another business trip from hell!!!

destination: Austin and San Antonio.
    work: heavy equipment retail/renting facilities.

problem this time:

health: I as feverish monday and Tuesday night, woke up dripping wet both nights, had a bout of the stomach flu Tuesday night.

so, what's the best thing to do? get on an airplane!

i figured the stomach flu thing was a fluke, hence why i went. it's typically at most a 24 hour bug for me.

Finally got to Austin and spent 3 hours in the bathroom and trying to figure out what to do next. this also nearly led me to a emotional breakdown- i always thought that I'd dig traveling for work, but after doing it about every other month for the past three years, I want out of this circus.

Frontier Airlines rocks- they took sympathy on me and got me on the next homebound flight without any of the associated charges.

bumpiest flight of my life: Austin to Denver....or so i thought.

Pilot lets us know that it's snowing and 34 degrees in Denver....while it was something like 70 on Tuesday. spring is here, in all it's oddity.

newest bumpiest ride of my life: Denver to John Wayne. better yet was that we got to get de-iced before taking off. the sweet smell of the de-icing stuff made me ill....again. at this point I've lost track- all i know is that I'm sure there's zero enamel left on my teeth. thank god for sitting in the back row next to the lavatories.

one better: instead of being feverish last night, i'm running below temperature and can't get enough blankets...and it's somewhere in the low 70's in the house.

I need a new job. one that doesn't require traveling so bloody much.

for those keeping track, that's 3 trips in a row that I've been able to post "business trip from hell" in the title for. #-o

2. foofighter

foofighter Ride More Talk Less

it's psychosymatic now ethan :) btw i sent your resume to my friends over in blue land

3. boludo

boludo Member

Money Manager/Finance
    tell us what you do or would like to do and we'd all be happy to pass on anything job related.

i sit at work everyday and wish i was traveling somewhere.

the grass is always greener...

4. slowSSer

slowSSer ali'i hua

Project Scientist
    no kidding. thanks!

5. slowSSer

slowSSer ali'i hua

Project Scientist

well, I've done a lot with Telecom, on the regulatory side, bascially doing the environmental work leading up to the building of a new cell site. I've done work for tmobile, cingular, sprint, nextel, at&t (before and now), Metro PCS and Cricket (San Diego only)

I've also done environmental site assessments for real-estate transactions, which is what i've been doing now for the past 6 months.

I've also done environmental planning in the past, in the form of huge multi-stage projects, including Santa Ana Unified (3-4 schools), the widening of bristol in Santa Ana, prado dam out in corona, and, one that you'll get to see soon, the overpass of Tustin ranch road extension from walnut to the base- Tustin ranch road was originally supposed to connect with Von Karman, but the silly base got in the way.

not to mention various side careers including retail, bike mechanic, swim coach, etc.