You have GOT to be kidding me!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ECOdork, Sep 23, 2007.

1. rmb socal

rmb socal Canadian by employment

Bike pitcher
    Home Page:
    Lance,

I'm glad you got taken care of! The guys in CS are great, and always go out of their way to make everyone happy. Other times when I have seen this happen, there is often not enough air in the shock, and the shock bottoms out and stresses the frame at that junction causing the break. Just my 2 cents, but I could be totally wrong (often I'am according to my wife) I'm at Interbike so I'm late to this post but if there is anything I can do to help let me know.
    :bang:

2. dstepper

dstepper (R.I.P.) Over the hill

www.themostprogram.com owner
    Home Page:
    Frames break, when we go light...that is the price we pay. But to have the bad luck to have two frames down at the same time is unfortunate. Hang in there Lance, I am sure the bike gods will take care of ya.

Miss ya Dean

3. mcgrath

mcgrath *.*

irrigation designer
    move back lance! move back lance!

That really sucks the big one Lance. That's what happens when you run over beatles on the trail, baaaaaaaaad karma. So, tell us more of the Voodoo. Gaduate yet? Eve?

If you look really hard, you can find lance on my avatar, skippy too.

4. ECOdork

ECOdork (R.I.P.) Pope of Chili Town

State Biologist
    Ohhh, Gonzo and Company rubbing in the guilt! #-oBelieve-you-me, I'd love to get back out there! Life's good here, but I admit that I occasionally have fantasies of saying, "F#$K IT!" and packing it all up and heading west to live "the MTB dream"...but then I remember how expensive rent is and how I'm really won't be very marketable with Mountain Dew and Marzzochi until the "can I roll it?" movement gains momentum. :lol:

At work right now so I gotta keep it short...8-[

Haven't grad-a-mu-tated yet, but I swear I'm close this time around. Awaiting corrections on last main chapter, then I can set a date to defend all this crap, THEN I'll be done. Aiming for a May graduation.

Otherwise things is going well. I had been riding solid again prior to massive breakage. Doing the homeowner thing and fixing/painting/installing this and that. Gotta lull this week at work, but I've been getting out to various parts of the state pretty often. While no California, this is a cool state with lots to offer. I reciprocate the offer to visit; if any of you cats find yourself in the area, don't hesitate to contact me. We can hit the East-Coast stylee--fast and fun--trails! :bang:

Next weekend is the "World BeerFest" which is sure to be a good time! There's one in fall and one in spring! come on down! :beer:

Thanks for the feedback about the frame too. I hear ya on the shock air pressure; makes sense. Though I can't say I've ever run it so low that I'm bottoming out on my monster hucks.

And what's this I hear about another little aldo running around??? Vato has been busy since I left! Congrats poppa! :beer:

5. ShinKen

ShinKen STR BUB!!

:lol: ohh no!! so Dell is naming him Aldo?
    :lol::clap::bang:

6. Code Blue

Code Blue Guest

Dude.....

Get a Turner they never break. There was a rumor once that a Turner broke but over night it fixed itself.

Kinda freaky aye:?:

Ever see that car movie Christine:-s

7. ECOdork

ECOdork (R.I.P.) Pope of Chili Town

State Biologist

See that's how rumor's get started vato!
    Didn't someone say he's naming him "Turner 5-spot" :lol:

8. GeorgiaOfTheJungle

GeorgiaOfTheJungle THE Penultimate Mtb'er

Sounds like the Cali mtn bike gods are reaching out to you--"come back" they're subtly whispering ;)

I got onto one trail in Vermont and have to say that the East Coast (at least Waitsfield) has pretty trails, and some techy stuff (especially when on a crappy rental bike). We should plan a "good karma" visit out there.....just to help ;)