You guys want to play some golf? Nice Kitty!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fired Yo Momma, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Fired Yo Momma

Fired Yo Momma Kenny Powers!!!

Classified
    Mountain lion shot

A cougar spotted Thursday in Coto de Caza was shot and killed, authorities said.

By MARK EADES , SAL HERNANDEZ and EUGENE W. FIELDS
    The Orange County Register

COTO DE CAZA – A mountain lion was shot and killed Thursday evening shortly after it was spotted by residents near a golf course earlier in the day, authorities said. The lion was killed by the Department of Fish and Game, said Orange County Sheriff's Spokesman Jim Amormino.
    Coto de Caza's Youth Park was closed Thursday after a mother mountain lion and two cubs were spotted near the park on Wednesday. The park will remained closed until further notice.
    Ryan Drabek, public information officer for Orange County's Animal Care Services, said that there are usually of lot of sightings during the summer and with the lack of water the public should be on guard.
    Deanna Vochelli, a resident, said she heard helicopters and gunshots near the area at about 10:45 p.m.
    Steven Zipperman, president of the CZ Master Association said the lion was spotted near a deer carcass.
    "There have been a lot of deer sightings in the last couple of weeks," Zipperman said. "My wife saw and granddaughter saw three yesterday."

News: Mountain lions spotted in Coto, Youth Park closes | homeowners, people, park - OCRegister.com

2. foofighter

foofighter Ride More Talk Less

is it a matter of course to shoot a mtn lion when it encroaches near human population? is this so they dont get accustomed to just being around us? Just weird that they shot it as it was just getting a bite to eat from that deer carcass

3. foofighter

here's the thing w/ Coto is that that's one of the big selling point of the community it's "rural" living...isn't that part of rural living? living amongst nature and all that is good and bad?

I'm all for development but it can be managed a bit better...we have to remember that they were there first and we're encroaching on them...not the other way around.

4. Burner

Burner WAWE

how stupid!

So it made a kill of it's natural prey, which happens to be near a golf course put out in the 'wilderness', and they kill it? a mother of two cubs? whaaat???

and they scrambled a helicopter to aid in the killing?

who are these geniuses?

5. boboso

boboso Getting back on the bike.

Project Manager
    It amazes me... The deer are okay, so due to our explosion and growth, the lions moved out, came back, eat the deer, but get shot. The book, Beast in the Garden, covered this in Colorado. As the people moved in the lions moved out, got acclimated to the new environment over a number of years and became the issue. I wonder in the lions mind is it the opposite "too many people, move out. No where to go, adapt"

We had a neighbor of mine in AV complain about coyotes running through the greenbelt and deer eating fenceline bushes a couple of years back. Recently that neighbor was stating to another that he moved here as it is close to the wilderness park. One day I will slap him...
    [​IMG]

6. GOGrannyGO

GOGrannyGO Titaneous Member

F'n Coto!
    They've got a gate, now they want a freakin force field. Maybe they should just adapt one of these to hit the MTNLions.

Chaps my hide! This drought is going to REALLY pressure the natives. Bears and lions in back yards will be common.

GGG

7. J_Sims

J_Sims tattooed scumbag !!!

Sales and Marketing
    Thr weapon of mass destrucion here is the 2 legged kind...[-X[-X[-X

8. Fired Yo Momma

Fired Yo Momma Kenny Powers!!!

Classified
    Maybe they shot the cat because it stopped in the filming of the real housewives of OC?

9. foofighter

give me his address and i'll follow right behind you. maybe it's the tree hugger in me (adoring nickname my wife gives me) but if you dont want to deal w/ the wildlife go friggin buy a loft in suburbia.

10. GOGrannyGO

GOGrannyGO Titaneous Member

I'm not proud, but I've lost 3 animals in 3 years to 'yote's in Laguna Canyon. I don't blame them one bit. It's my lack of responsibility in keeping the animals indoors. If they want out, they're gonna get out. Screens are really wimpy. I didn't raise a federal case over it, and I didn't start 'yote Jihad, either. I mourned and took a break on pets, sadly. I have yet to see a mtn lion other than at the zoo. I hope I see it before he/she sees me.

CYA on the other side, boys. :beer:

GGG

11. Permagrin

Permagrin Hard landing comin' up!

This kind of ignorance of nature makes me sick: cubs and doing what she's supposed to be doing. People really have warped standards where the environment is concerned. I don't get it. Just my .02 ](*,)

12. Schecky

Schecky SoCalMTBubbs

I think Coto should kill a few less lions and maybe a few more cougars instead.....

13. BrewMaster

BrewMaster Thirsty

Chemist
    The cul-de-sac I live on backs right up to Chino Hills State Park. We get coyotes like the beach gets waves, but its never a problem. People seem to understand that it is part of living where we live.

Makes me sick to see that they killed the momma mountain lion because she was inconveniently located.

14. Winger

Winger Member

You guys are funny. This reads like a game of telephone.

The dead Mtn Lion is a 2 yr old male that was killed because it was not running from humans.

The mother w/ cubs near a deer was a sighting from a few days earlier. Nothing was killed that day but they closed the park.

15. foofighter

thanks for clearing that up...i reread that article a couple of times and still didnt make sense. I think PETA or someone would have been up in arms if they killed a momma lion and left the 2 cubs