Yo, My Fellow Mechanics

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by DirtymikeTDB, Oct 15, 2009.

1. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

The shitty has happenined to me, My own vehicle broke<98 s10>.

Check it, I thought I was going to get away with a compressor and kit<Drier, orfice tube, oil> seing how I when I checked out the system I had about 68 on the hi, 50 ish on the low..... Everything running, fully charged.... OK, Bad valves in teh comp, not too bad.

Well, ordered my kit up, preped everything for install, Pulled it down, removed the compressor<didnt really look at anything yet, Took the Drier out and it didnt feel right, little on the light side. Ok Im thinking, Maybe the comp was leaking out the front like all these do, and I am low on oil, Pull the orfice tube, and I started to cry.

The desicant bag in the Drier broke open. Checked the comp, its full, lines, its all over.

So its everywere in the system, looks like the repair will be waiting a few months till I can afford the Condensor and new lines as well. Will probably have to add the evap to that as well, but we will see If I can get that flushed or not.

Man when shit hits the fan, it hits hard

Ok, Im done crying now, I need a cookie

2. PAIN

PAIN New Member

Who needs A/C? Pull that shit out and call it a day.

3. jeff^d

jeff^d Active Member

Better now than April/May?

4. gone2vegas

gone2vegas Crash Test Dummy

aspiring lottery winner
    I was thinking the same thing, but my A/C seems to be on year round, so sorry to hear that, Mike.

5. One_Track_Mind

One_Track_Mind New Member

Landscape Designer (Architect in Training)
    Salvage yard?

6. Heyitsdave

Heyitsdave Member

Just do a liquid flush and keep your fingers crossed. I've had this happen a few times and have been lucky with no comebacks. :)
    Better than a compressor failure and metal throughout the system.:)

7. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

No way, I am way too spoiled for that

Not a chance with AC parts, too csotly if something leaks.

Wish you could, cant flush a compressor or a condensor, and the manifold assy on mine has a wonderfull muffler in it so no flush there either. If it was an older r12 system, Sure, but damn this fancy hi effeciency 134 Shit

8. Heyitsdave

Heyitsdave Member

You already said you had a new compressor;). Just flush the lines, evaporator and condenser. It will work sweet, I've done it on 134. You could always fix it, run it for a period of time then remove your orifice tube to find any debris in the system cause that's where it will all be,don't you think?:)

9. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

Cant flush the lines...... More than one path of travel, no way to get it out. Same for the condensor, flush will only go were its not already plugged. As far as fixing it, then removing the orfice later to get the rest out..... cant really consider that fixing it, thats more riging it. I will just do it right, then be done with it.

Remember with a proper 134 Condensor, each flat tube has about tem more tubes inside of it. I litterally took part in testing with everco when we put 3oz of desicant into the front side of a condensor, ran it, flushed it to see how much we got back out...... None of it came out. Maybe if it was newer I would try, I have 170K on the original, no way all teh build up is going to let go of anything its got inside of it.

Appriciate the suggestion though, just not worth it to half it, rather just do it right the first time, just like I do with customers vehicles.

10. FyrFytrRyn

FyrFytrRyn RTB to a WNL

estudiante'/naysayer
    heard that! hey dustin, atleast your #2 cyl isnt at 80 psi like mine is!!!:beer:

11. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

That is true... least mine still runs great..... crap I better find some wood to knock on