Yeti 575

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dssgaffler, Dec 18, 2008.

1. OldDogDan

OldDogDan Member

Beautiful bike and put together for a great bottom line cost! One I'd love to have. As much as I like to put components together, I sometimes think it's hard to beat the price on a complete last year's model, demo bike, or lightly used bike...but you just did. You started with a great deal on that demo frame I'm sure, but what was your strategy on the rest? Are all the parts except the pedals new? Smokin' internet specials? LBS bargains? Mix of new & used? E-bay? Sorry about all the questions -- I'm just curious about the strategy that worked for you. So I can be thinkin' about what I'll do when the time comes.

2. dssgaffler

dssgaffler Complete Sellout

Yea the components are all new other than the pedals. Unfortunately, I didn't buy anything from a LBS. All the components came from Full Cycles, Beyond Bikes, Jenson and Colorado Cyclist.

My strategy was to buy $500 worth of components after every paycheck so my wife would have no idea how much mountain bikes cost. Occasionally, I'll walk with her near the bike section of Target to help her formulate a price range.

3. OldDogDan

OldDogDan Member

Excellent strategy... Thanks!

4. ladera Dave

ladera Dave New Member

Millwork project manager
    Sweet ride, nice early Christmas present