Yet another 'wear a helmet' thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mntbiker12, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Pho'dUp

Pho'dUp Spam Musubi MasherSS

P-line rider
    Honestly I have not. And I hope I never do see any liability lawsuits b/c somebody crashed w/out a helmet.

The no helmet thing is just one of my pet peeves. Especially when you see newbies w/out them. I've heard the argument before from newbies I've taken out who wanted to wear a beanie, or baseball cap instead of their helmet. They were mostly worried about not looking cool.

2. dutch

dutch New Member

Jax Bicycle Center Irvine, client advisor
    I recently started wearing my helmet for the bike path ride to school that I do everyday. I figure, so what my hair looks goofy when I get to school (and have to be there for 10 hours on tuesday and thursday), its better than never finishing my bachelors because I had to spend the rest of my days drinking through a straw.

The only time I will remove my helmet is on a long sustained climb on a hot hot day, when the heat + helmet starts to make my headache. Even then I wish it was back on because it keeps the sweat out of my ideas.

I have to say, though, my new(er) giro hex helmet vents way better than my old(er) bell furio road helmet.