Yet another stolen bike!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by genusmtbkr5, Aug 26, 2013.

1. emejay

emejay most annoying avatar

dentist
    This has got me thinking......I am lack about leaving the garage door open, but I have the bikes hanging from the rafters in the back part of the garage, so as not to be so visible. When I think of the thousands of $$$ I have hanging there, I think I need to reconsider my behavior. It may be time to get a few cable locks...Gene, I do some road miles in So OC, I'll keep my eyes open.8-[

2. proraptor

proraptor The Bikes & Brew Crew

my garage has all my toys in it and pretty much everything I worked my as off to get. I just dont trust people anymore ive lost all hope for humans in general. My garage doesnt stay open even when im in it. Ill just crack it open for air circulation. Hope you find your bike and more importantly the guy with sticky fingers

3. danmtchl

danmtchl danmtchl

Aera Energy LLC- Mailguy
    026.jpg

I very rarely ever leave my garage door open unless I am in it doing something in it. Plus the bikes are in the front corner next to my truck and would be close to impossible to get out(believe me I have tried) without pulling the truck out. Plus I usually lock the bikes to a gorilla rack that is bolted to the concrete.

I hope you get it back, selling a bike like that is a lot harder because you just don't see those everyday. Unless you know the history of the bike, I would be very sketchy about buying it.

4. marshal

marshal New Member

I raise gophers :)
    Hope your Seven comes home soon!! As far as nice neighborhoods, why would a thief look for something to steal in a "bad" neighborhood?! My neighborhood is like that, I feel my neighbors are too trusting some times.

5. danmtchl

danmtchl danmtchl

Aera Energy LLC- Mailguy
    Yeah why steal from a bad neighborhood, generally there is nothing to steal, so they come to the good neighborhoods where they have the good stuff. Hell my neighbor who is the Police Chief in Bear Valley, his house was broken into and they tried to steal his guns but all they got was ammo.

6. trailninja

trailninja Going Slideways!!!!

Quality Engineer
    Dave! You crack me up! Lol.

I saw a road biker riding Whiting the other day. Gene best of luck and happy hunting for the thief I hope you find him and get your Seven back.

7. gooseaholic

gooseaholic Active Member

Auto inspection
  8. shawndoh

shawndoh New Member

Bummer dude. I know I have done that. Run up stairs, pee, refuel... maybe grab a snack. Sad, to have to think twice.