Yerba Buena Ridge - San Gaberials

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MTBMaven, Nov 9, 2008.

1. MTBMaven

MTBMaven This is Shangri La

GIS Coordinator
    I finally picked up a Tom Harrison Map. Great for quick route finding and distance checking when you don't need the accuracy of Topo. Either way, I noticed a trail I would like to check out and wanted to see if anyone has ridden it recently.

The route would start at the bottom of Trail Canyon and head up 3N29 to Gold Creek Saddle (4.4mi), then singletrack along Yerba Buena Ridge to Iron Mtn Saddle (2.2mi). After the saddle along Mendenhall Ridge to Iron Mountain (4.2mi). From Iron Mountain you can descend Trail Canyon Tail to the start (5.9mi) or Condor Peak Trail to Big Tujunga (8.3mi). Total mileage looks to be 16.7 or 19.1 depending on descent route.

I have ridden and hiked the Condor Peak Trail, so would likely take that route (plus it add extra miles of ST). This route would require a few miles of pavement to get back to the start but most of it's downhill if I remember correctly.

I am curious about the climb to Iron Mountain along Yerba Buena Ridge. Anyone have any relatively recent information on this route (ie within the last few years)?

Update: Sorry, I should have searched. There was a write up about this route already. http://www.socaltrailriders.org/for...il-san-gabriel-mts.html?highlight=yerba+buena

Mods: Feel free to delete this post.