Yeah, so...I just got in a fight with a gang banger and my nose is broken...

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by CruIsRad!, Jun 7, 2008.

1. CruIsRad!

CruIsRad! New Member

Ok...so I'm heading home on my bike from picking up a few things at Auto Zone. This suspicious looking dude in my neighborhood asks me to stop, asks if I have 5 bucks. I say no...that's why I'm riding my bike!

So I go to start out again, and he's yellign now..."hey...HEY..."

I ask what? He says "Go that way" and points down another street. I say no thanks. Within a few seconds, he's approaching me. I set my bike down and get in his face.

He tries to sound like a tough guy, I keep telling him to get out of my neighboorhood. He takes a swing...I lean back.

He gets back in my face, more silly shit talk, I tell him he's not scaring anyone...GTFO. He swings again...miss. I contemplate swinging back, but I'm a little bigger than this dude and I would seriously knock his block off. There were neighbors watching at this point...and once I connected a punch, he could sue me. So I resist the urge.

He then takes off his shirt and comes at me. Swings a few more. Misses every one. I'm giggling at this point because the dude seriously can't fight for sh1t.

I'm halfway turning to leave because I don't take this guy seriously, and he connects the luckiest left hook ever. My nose crunches and blood flies onto the dude's shirt.

He's all excited that he connected a blow almost from behind. At this point I'm pissed and I start walking toward him, purposefully, with the sole intention of restraining him in the most painful position possible until Police arrive. I also kindly inform him I'm ex-LBPD and he'd better run while he has the chance.

He sees I'm not messing around and he takes off running down the street with no shirt on. :?:

A 16-year officer of GGPD comes around the corner, and a few more units come shortly thereafter. The guy was caught down the street by a couple Gang Unit Officers. I had him arrested on Assault and Battery, and he also had a warrant.

So I'm sitting here with a bloody, sideways nose typing this. Yay fun! Time for a hospital visit and a cold beer. I might not make the Sunday Fullerton ride if my face is too swollen from re-setting my schnoz! It was big enough already, having been broken 6 times prior to this! :lol:

Attached Files:

2. mottmcfly

mottmcfly New Member

IT tech
    Sorry to hear this.

3. Trizz

Trizz The In Crowd

School
    damm, you got to hate those lefty's.

4. sdyeti

sdyeti New Member

Glad that it wasn't worse. I know you said he couldn't fight worth sh!t but I'd be thankful he didn't shank me or pull a gun on me if I were you.

5. tbowren

tbowren New Member

I would have ignored him and never stopped my bike.

Sorry to hear this, even sorrier you didn't get to "restrain" him for 20 or 30 minutes.

Hopefully this means one less bad guy on the streets tonight.

6. CruIsRad!

CruIsRad! New Member

I'm just lucky he hit like a girl or it could have been worse! :lol:

(no offense girls! ;) )

7. xc burr

xc burr New Member

bodyshop manager/paintless dent repair tech
    That sucks!

8. mottmcfly

mottmcfly New Member

IT tech
    We might need a before picture to compare. No offense but you look pretty good.
    ;)

9. RacinJason

RacinJason Banned

That punk needs his a$$ beat. You did a good job of resisting taking him apart.
    But what comes around goes around he will probably not live long.

You have to come to the loop Thursday now and tell the story.

I have had weird things like that happen to me but I wasn't so nice. It was a sucker punch in a fast food drive through I was reading a magazine in the passenger seat not even looking.
    He learned about power windows real quick. He also learned he cant run 25-30 mph. :?::lol:
    He also learned Cigarette lighters to the hand can hurt also. Don't mess with me when I'm reading a MTN BIKE action mag and hungry.:bang::lol:

Long story but let's just say the guy will probably never mess with anyone again.

10. herzalot

herzalot Well-Known Member

EdgeUCater
    Nice restraint. Sorry you paid through the nose. Wish you could have got to him after he connected, but, at least he was arrested.

11. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

Sorry to hear. There is no shortage of idiots. I would've ignored him & kept going as well but once on the ground and he's coming at you like that, I would've popped him a couple, sat his dumb-ass down and called the cops to have him arrested for aggravated assault. By law, you have the right to defend yourself and that would've easily qualified. What an assjack!

12. Mudman

Mudman Mr. Angry

Kickin' Ass
    bummer

In my experiences, I've learned to just run away. Most people can't catch a person on a bike.

13. mottmcfly

mottmcfly New Member

IT tech
    I hear a lot of people saying run away but I'm not sure turning your back on a situation like this is an option. Yes the bike is faster. Getting on it and taking off takes a little time. If this guy is throwing punches he's too close for that.

14. stinkyrider

stinkyrider ....BANSHEE RIDER

burden of the state
    As fun and it would have been to pummel that guy into oblivion, you did the right thing man. I was involved in a similar situation in Newport Beach of all places back in November 2006.

I was sucker punched for no reason at all by some random thug. The guy was apparently going around and punching random people in the head/face. I was beside myself in anger trying not to rush the guy and beat him within an inch of his life. Luckily there were some cops on scene literally within a minute after it happened.

By NOT fighting this guy received a much tougher sentence. This incident happened in November 2006 and he was JUST NOW finally sentenced a few weeks ago. All the while he has been rotting away at the county jail awaiting his trial without bail. He was sentenced to 180 days jail, and a minimum of 5 years at Chino state. Woo hoo! So that's about 7 years of his life taken away for a few punches.

If I would have fought with him, it would have been ruled as mutual combatants rather than assault & battery and assault with a deadly weapon. Not to mention, I probably would have been sued and dragged into the legal mess as well. It wouldn't be worth the satisfaction of punishing that POS.

I think the dude losing years of his life rotting away in a cell is far worse than any physical punishment I could have ever dolled out. Bruises, cuts, and broken bones heal but you cannot take years of your life back. Personally I would rather get my ass kicked than sit in prison.

15. mottmcfly

mottmcfly New Member

IT tech
    Agreed there. You mentions assault with a deadly weapon. Did he come at you with something. I had a friend that was assaulted for no reason, sucker punched to near unconsciousness and then thrown against a trailer hitch numerous times. They wouldn't charge the defendant with "deadly weapon" because he couldn't technically wield a trailer hitch. By the way, neither knew each other and there was no altercation. Just a random assault.

16. ArrrKelly

ArrrKelly New Member

If you didn't want to fight why did you get in his face? Sorry but sounds like you got what you asked for.

17. supralight

supralight New Member

money tree in backyard
    welcome to the club! well... maybe that's not such a good thing... a similar thing happened to me and my girl on a pleasure ride in the seabright area of santa cruz on st. patties day 2 years ago. a stupid kid (about 13/14) chases after my girl on her bike w/ a whiffle ball bat, hits her 2 times. im following behind and yell WTF at the kid and he mumbles some crap, and pushes me then swings and misses. he connects with a body shot and i rail him in the jaw. he starts to go down and his 5 buddies lying in wait rush me, knock me off of my bike on to the ground and start pounding me MMA style( this is where my nose got broken. i kick the big dude off of me and tackle the guy who's getting away with my superlight. i pound him a bunch of times and the others jump in to their cars and start to take off. i jump back on my bike and chase after them as fast as i can, but once they hit 2nd gear, they were gone. i made a police report and they never caught them - those bastards, i wish that they are bitten by the fleas of ten thousand camels!

18. Permagrin

Permagrin Hard landing comin' up!

Troublemaker ;).

Idiots like that usually get theirs soon enough. Glad you only have a broken nose.

19. ohyeah89

ohyeah89 LEARN-IMPROVE-TRAIN

Water Biologist

The ass/thug busted open another guy's lip and knocked out some teeth (poor guy was bleeding EVERYWHERE). The cop explained to us that since he drew blood from the guy they considered his fist a deadly weapon.

20. stinkyrider

stinkyrider ....BANSHEE RIDER

burden of the state
    The assault with a deadly weapon charge wasn't for me. He didn't carry any weapons. After he hit me, he randomly hit some little old asian guy in the mouth for absolutely no reason.

Here were the official charges:
    Assault w/deadly weapon other than firearm
    ENH-Inflict Great Bodily Harm
    Battery with serious bodily injury
    Battery

The cops told me that if someone lands a blow that draws a good amount of blood he can be charge with assault with a deadly weapon, even though he's unarmed.

I would love be to be fly on the wall and see what happens when this idiot tries something like that in prison.