XC Fontucky Style

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by maxwell, May 7, 2007.

1. maxwell

maxwell Dirty Stinky PATH Love

CRASH TEST DUMMY $#%&*^#
    Home Page:
    Chalk up another great event for Donnie J. and the SRC crew.:clap:

This is a pretty huge event for such a small area, and they seem to pull it off great. Now if we could have only gotten Mother Nature to throw down some rain, it could have been even better!:lol:

It was great to see the usual suspects out there, and it's even more fun to see the new faces to the races.
    Sauce was kicking major booty in my book, by getting on the podium in DH and XC.

ON THE SAME BIKE!
    (A SINGLE SPEED NO LESS!)#-o

Trung also jumped up on the XC podium!

Lacey treated Fontucky like it was her back yard, and also rode to a victory. Although it wasn't the same level of competiton that she faced at The Sea Otter, it was a challeng all the same. She got a good start, and was able to stay mid pack with some of the older girls.

With races going on over the same course for three days, there where major SILT slopes for riders to ski down! One section of the cousre that I spent some time on, I watched rider after rider, tripod, run, skid, and crash their way down.

Lacey went down twice there(she wasn't alone, one guy went down more than that), but was able to jump back up and keep going. She's always able to gain some ground on the fireroad along the fence, and today wasn't any different. By the time I got back to the starting area (nice to be able to ride the fast street back to the front), she had passed two riders.

When she came to the final steep chute, she mentioned something about her shoe bugging her?! Once she hit the bottom, she kicked her right foot out, and kicked her shoe OFF! She pedaled, HARD, the last bit of the course to the finish, with only one shoe!#-o

That's my girl!!

Her time for the 1.5 laps was 1:32, and she won the 18 and Under Beg/Sport womens catagory.

Now for the pictures........

Lacey's start
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

taking on the silty DH
    [​IMG]

going up the steep climb for her 2nd time around
    [​IMG]

Sara, Trung, and Lacey comming into the last chute
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After reaching the bottom, she kicked off her shoe, and finished uno zapato! (nice call "J")
    [​IMG]

Lacey "one shoe" Maxwell
    [​IMG]

Podium shot

[​IMG]

The guy's at The Path once again did a GREAT job at making sure all was well on her Kula.

And thanks to Ian from Kona for the race fee comp!

Ian, Bryan, and Lacey under the Kona tent

[​IMG]

See you guy's on the trails.......

2. jfromlv

jfromlv trail sanitizer

Student
    Congratulations Lacey, or should I say uno zapato? That course was so torn up and sandy, it was definitely a challenge to stay on the course and your bike. I went down in Super D on the steep sandy chute.

Congratulations to all racers!

3. mp3

mp3 mirroring the trail

juggling passions
    Home Page:
    Nice job everyone! :clap:

4. gurp13

gurp13 SolarFederationMember

High School Teacher
    Yeah, that's the biggest problem with Southridge. Too much sand. Bums me out.

5. sauce

sauce New Member

Dissertation writing
    Home Page:
    Great job Lacey! That course was one of the most technically difficult xc courses! I remember thinking the first lap: this is harder than the beg./sport dh course! So way to go Lacey ... especially for acing that chute toward the end and finishing minus one shoe! Hard core girl. :)

Keith saw Lacey riding ... and he said she was flying! Keep up the speed!

Thanks for the pics and cheers!

6. Keith B

Keith B Professional Lion Tamer

Legionnaire of Life
    Fun day at the XC race. Saturday afternoon was a bit of a disaster. First of all the Stumpjumper fell off the back of Sarah's Civic on the freeway (!!!!!!) thankfully the only damage so far appears to be 2 trashed tyres, twisted bars and possibly a broken hydraulic brake line. Phew! The bike lock that shacked Sarah's bike to mine saved the day....except that then we lost the key. Not good for the XC SS race the next day so Sarah rode my SS bike (one size too big for her with a seat post that wouldnt go down far enough....oh and a broken SPD pedal too) and came a credible 4th - not bad considering she was racing agains the men after her DH race conflicted with the womens race on Saturday.

All 3 of the Geoladders riders did really well. Mike won his age group, Chris had a mechanical that threw him off on one of the downhills causing him to face plant. He ran the last mile back with the bike!! Respect.

Sarah commends the Christian Cycling Org for really getting to the heart of biking and not at all trying to make themselves seperate from everyone else there. Amen.

[​IMG]

Sarah's head hurts trying to work out if its a man or woman next to her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chris getting ready to roll

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mike ready for the green

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

End of lap 1

[​IMG]

Mike comes in 1st

[​IMG]

Chris brings it home

[​IMG]

Get me out of this sand and get me a Rockstar OK?!

[​IMG]

They'll let anyone into these events....

[​IMG]