Wth

Discussion in 'Website discussion' started by Evel Knievel, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Evel Knievel

Evel Knievel New Member

what the hell mods. you ban me for bs , claiming a no flame site. then you allow users to flame my market place ad ?????

2. spookydave

spookydave A little dab will do me

is telling the truth flaming?
    C'mon man, no pics and no price. Those are the 2 must haves in any internet for sale ad.

3. Evel Knievel

Evel Knievel New Member

Yeah, I got banned for teling the truth.

How about this for a pic http://www.santacruzmtb.com/superlight/

Mine is silver, brand new powder coat. Price is OBO. All those not interested should just but out. Any serious inquiry would be dealt with by meeting in person at a trailhead.

4. spookydave

spookydave A little dab will do me

nope, sorry but that pic won't cut it.
    Hey, I'm not flaming you or ragging you in any way. Just I sell TONS of stuff on the internet and know what works.
    To get a good result you MUST have GOOD CLEAR pics of the item you wish to sell.

As for what you got banned for, donno and will stay out of that one.

5. i am dino

i am dino Guest

i gotta agree with dave on this one. ads with pix definitely drive more interest. i have a friend here at work who is looking for a single-pivot frame to build and he'dd be interested in seeing a pic.

is it an aftermarket powdercoat or is it factory powdercoat? if it was aftermarket, how come you had it repainted? does it have the SC decals on it?

6. CalEpic

CalEpic member

That's flaming? I didn't see anything personal directed towards you.

Others point out that your attempt to sell something without a pic is lame and instead of you mentioning that you don't have a camera you just keep bumping. I believe a reasonable person would not take your ad seriously but that's just me.

It's a good bike and if you're open to suggestions I would figure out a way to post a picture of your bike (Surely you know someone with a digital camera?) and provide a few more details.

Good luck with the sale.

C

7. SAR_boats

SAR_boats Booze Bikes n Boomsticks

consultant
    Home Page:
    just an idea but what about a cell phone camera? Better than nothing

8. killa Cali Kid

killa Cali Kid I meant to do that!

whats going on here. why would you need to see a pic and know the price to buy the bike or basically any produc new or used.

When you hit a trail you have never ridden you pick the best line on the fly and charge it not knowing what's ahead of you.

I'm in and i'll take door # 2:p
    [​IMG]

seriously though, these guys are trying to help you move the bike. your ceratinly gonna encounter same if mtbr, ebay, etc. i am sure you know someone with camera to post up a few pics. good luck w/sale

9. Evel Knievel

Evel Knievel New Member

After market at a factory powdercoat. Because who would be interested in a frame with scuffs all over it. Did this to check it for cracks while it was bead blasted. Want to make sure someone gets a solid ride.

If it were mail order , for sure pics would be required. But this frame is personal delivery only. See it, feel it, touch it.

10. Franky

Franky DHShuttleMonkey

I'd have to agree, that is a very lame attempt to sell something. Just take it to one of those "Sold it on ebay" stores.

11. gurp13

gurp13 SolarFederationMember

High School Teacher
    If I hadn't seen Evel on here before I would have assumed it was a scam. That's the only reason I can imagine that some these days could not include an actual picture of the bike and name a price. And, I think it's a total exaggeration to claim "flame-age." How thin-skinned are you, Evel? Nobody called you a name or anything! Well, I just did. I called you thin-skinned. But, then, truth is always a defense against slander and libel. :) Good luck with your sale. But, I would totally disregard your ad if I was looking for a new bike. Seems to me you could find a way to post a pic. Digital cameras are ubiquitous these days.

12. TURNERob

TURNERob Get your own avatar idea

bum
    Not having a digi camera (or at least access to one) is like not having a cell phone :p

13. Evel Knievel

Evel Knievel New Member

I have neither. Call me a dinosaur if you wish.

Newspaper ads don't have pics of cars being sold. Yet lots of cars are sold by newspaper ads . OBO is standard as well. What is it worth to you ?

14. gurp13

High School Teacher
    Yeah. To suckers who are easily parted from their money.

Nobody's saying it's impossible. We're all just saying that you'd be more likely to get someone interested if you had a picture of the actual bike. But, hey, it's a free country. You're totally welcome to ignore what everyone around here is politely telling you.

15. killa Cali Kid

killa Cali Kid I meant to do that!

16. gurp13

High School Teacher
  17. Evel Knievel

Evel Knievel New Member

That camera smashed on SJT. No longer do I have one.

If you keep banging your pots , soon you won't have any pots left to bang.

18. gurp13

High School Teacher
    Is that some kind of proverb? I don't get it. Unless you're trying to tell me that I'm not making friends. With all due respect, I'm not trying to insult you. I just thought it was funny. It was a joke. Anyway, sorry about your camera. Good luck with the bike sale.

19. Shannon

Shannon ........

Stop making excuses. If you're serious about selling a bike, then do what it takes to sell it. I'm sure you have at least one friend, family member or neighbor that would be willing to take a couple pics of your bike. I've sold bikes on Ebay myself and in addition to the several pics I posted, people still asked for more. Personal delivery or not, people by default are skeptical, you shouldn't take it personal. Before anyone wants to invest the time to check out a bike and possibly scrape the cash together to buy it, they want to know if it's worth it.

20. i am dino

i am dino Guest

evel, im a little curious as to why you really had it powdercoated, earlier you mentioned "...After market at a factory powdercoat. Because who would be interested in a frame with scuffs all over it. Did this to check it for cracks while it was bead blasted. Want to make sure someone gets a solid ride."

i would think that most people who are looking to buy a used bike/frame understand it will have cable rub and other knicks and scratches. was this frame ridden hard or did you use it for small hucks? just seems kinda odd to me that someone would bead-blast a frame just to sell it.

anyhow, any leads on it yet?