Wrightwood ride?

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by MGW12, Aug 16, 2010.

1. MGW12

MGW12 Daddy, Please Slow Down !

I was not able to make the wrightwood ride. I do not believe me and my Ellsworth Moment would have been able to hang anyway!(sad!!)8-[

I was planning on going camping up in the area in sept. I have camped up in the area over the past few years and have ridden only two trails due to lack of knowledge of the area. I was wondering if there are any routes or maps that could be posted here or maybe someone could pm me.?

Thanks for any help or consideration!

Matt W.

2. Maddog

Maddog New Member

P.E. Teacher
    No maps that I'm aware of. The trails ridden on the Wrightwood ride are excellent and can be done with less climbing if you don't mind riding pavement. There are 3 trails from Grassy Hollow to Jackson Lake including the one climbed by the group. There's also Faultline, Acorn and Manzanita in the area as well. If I'm available when you're camping there, I'll be glad to ride with you and show you around!

3. Sailor Ripley

Sailor Ripley New Member

Mortgage Loan Originator
    Here's the GPS from our Crazy Eight route...

http://www.geoladders.com/show_route.php?route=38952

Most of the trails I found were discovered by just riding the area and exploring anything that looked to have potential. There is plenty more that I need to explore.

4. MGW12

MGW12 Daddy, Please Slow Down !

Thanks guys!...I am taking a few rookie riders so I would not want to put any of you out. I was hoping for just this kind of response so thanks so much. I am planning on going the 2nd weekend in Sept.