Ride Report WoodWard West

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by BFloFoxRider., Jun 1, 2009.

1. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

:lol::lol::lol:

Thats what happens when you ride an expired bike I guess.

2. speckledtrout

speckledtrout Active Member

actor
    David, you're so fickle! :lol: The next time you race XC you'll be commenting on how DH is too relaxed and you need/thrive on the stress of XC racing. ;)

3. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

Proof

No riding pics of me, but here is a "still" shot compliments of Winston!!!

[​IMG]

4. Bryguy17

Bryguy17 A little Shaggy

Well, all I can say is that this was one of my favorite weekends I've had in a LONG time, and I'm so glad I made it up there.

Chuck (Happy_Gilmore) and I got up there around noon on friday (why, I'm still not completely sure). We were the first people there aside from Donny and family, so not a lot to do. ended up walking the course, checking out lines, and keeping an eye out for snakes. didn't end up riding because we didn't wanna push or get attacked by a rattler.

then we just went and cruised around the camp to check stuff out, and ended up helping finish build the 4X track. that was fun, getting to fix things to make them more, well, interesting :lol:. good times though.

made it to the hangar that night too, and gotta jump a few times into the foam pit (which is SCARY by the way). also gotta see RC Compton land his first backflip to resi. way to go meng :bang:

saturday, people started trickling in, and we got out to start riding. fun course, kept changing, really fast, but kept you on your toes. ended up doing some 15 or so runs on saturday, which was a little brutal at the end of the day. still fun though.

sunday, got in 3 runs before the race. 1st was sketchy, 2nd was okay but I blew a lot of turns, and 3rd was perfect so I stopped there. Race time, I was glad to find that I'm starting to get over the pre-race anxiety, and just riding. ended up 3rd of 7 after the 1st race, and was a little put off by the people 6 seconds ahead of me in 1st and 2nd. still, I had a clean run and I was happy about that. for the 2nd run, I blew a corner, but made up some time pedaling harder in the bottom half. ended up with the same time as the 1st run.

final tally: I got 3rd place of 7 in 19-26 sport mens. congrats to Dynamatt who got 4th, but was only a bit of a second behind me :beer:. I was sure stoked to actually get to stand on a box for the podium :lol:

hilights of the weekend:
    -getting to build a sweet 4X course
    -foam pits are cool AND scarier than some real jumps
    -seeing lots of cool people come out and ride/race (Carla, DavidB, Traci, Denmo)
    -Having some of the best weather you could ask for for a DH race
    -finding rockinthecasbah's latino, mustachioed doppleganger at the mexican restaurant :lol:
    -watching Traci SHRED the top part of the DH course (especially considering where she was a few months ago)
    -getting to chase/heckle davidB and Mfoga for their 1st race runs (and almost goring myself on some rebar in the process)
    -bedazzling Happy_Gilmore's bike with a wheel reflector for his second race run :lol::lol::lol:
    -bedazzling Denmo's M6 with the same reflector and watching her think it was winston :lol::lol::lol:8-[

great times guys...

PS, I changed my avatar already ;)

5. denmother

:clap:

6. Bryguy17

Bryguy17 A little Shaggy

so, where's all this picture proof eh? :?:

7. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

Woodward West...Cal State #2

Check it out, I cant belive noone has made this thread yet. Anyways, My ride report weekend. Saturday was a fuggin blast. Got alot of good runs in, got alot of shit for a XXXX canXon Video....All in good fun of coarse, Had mroe then a Few beers, some really good food after riding, Hung out at the hanger for awhile watching the yougins do stupid stuff.

Sunday started well...Ended Not so well....See My Rider down thread

Anyways, A Prelim Video from Saturday. Just straight vid, nothing done to it. Working on a Video now

[vimeo]4939913[/vimeo]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2009
  8. jamisjake

jamisjake Active Member

Industrial Mechanic
    Awesome! I didnt get to go, but it looks like the track was sweet and in great shape!:bang:

9. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

There is a thread here ,but i guess your probably medicated so you missed it?:lol:

I love the sig too, is that from this weekend?

10. denmother

I got as far as downloading the pictures from the card to the laptop last night and fell asleep (We went to see UP 3D last night)!!! Hopefully I'll have time tonight. ;)

11. RacinJason

RacinJason Banned

You all Rocked!! :bang: I wish I could have been there. It looked like a fun event.

12. surlygal

surlygal Bad Girl of DH

Accountant
    Ya, it's much better than being on the podium by default ;) BUT even then it just feels good to be out racing :bang:

13. pmortuary

pmortuary They call me D2

Lead CAD Designer
    Had a great weekend of riding and hanging out with the great people of STR and SRC.

I really have to say that SRC and Woodward really put some effort into making a better course for this race. I'm happy to see many RR and yet no bitching about the track. I loved it. Yes there are small things that people might say, but nothing like the ehh races of the past.

I arived later than I had planned, sometime around midmorning. Checked in saddeled up and connected with some of the boys for a fun day of riding. Had some great practice runs, a good taco lunch, Pasta and a view for dinner than a couple beers to many after taking a thump on the head during my last practice run.

Awoke Sunday to prefect weather. Put down a few good practice runs and was excited to get on with it. Placed 5th after my first run and hopped I could keep it since 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th were all really close in times. Had a bobble in the second run and ended up 6th. Still a decent result.

14. SuperDKim

SuperDKim New Member

Office Mang. MBZ Repair Shop
    Was a great weekend of friends & riding! The course was pretty dusty and blown out in some of the corners but fun all together. Donny always puts on a fun course. Now the last jump at the finish line??? well from a non-jumper...I landed on both wheels at the right time and was STOKED!! Let's just say I prayed a lot for those few seconds! Traci you were awesome! I had a lot of fun "RIDING" with you!:beer: I got a little video I will get it on line as soon as I can. It's from your second race run! I hade a great time with all the ladies in our group nice to see Carla joining us! Great job to all the ladies!!!:bang: I was thrilled to see Nancy but was also nervous! It was great to see her smiling all weekend. Will post photos this evening. :beer:

15. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

I dont see one anywhere, I know ther was the Prelim thread in Racing and Training.....

16. surlygal

surlygal Bad Girl of DH

Accountant
  17. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

Yeah I jsut saw it......Possible for a Mod to add Mine to the other?

18. lizardking

lizardking Lets just ride!

Printing
    Home Page:
    What a great weekend! My 16 year old didn't crash and finished 4th in the sport class!
    My ten year old finished 1st, But I don't think any of the 9-10 class kids care where they finish! They just dig hanging out with each other all weekend! Good job Nik, Noah, and Jason!:clap:
    I took close to 600 pics! A good day for me! The 4X race/practice and DH practice pics from Saturday are up! Still working on Sunday race pics. They should be up tonight or Tuesday at the latest.

www.cleghornphotography.com

19. JOx2

JOx2 Active Member

Am I reading this correctly?:-k

Just wait 'till yu start huffing and puffing again.;)

Congrats on your first DH race. And great job everyone who raced DH and had fun while doing it!!

20. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest