Woods Today? 10/7/11

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by mgarces, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgarces

mgarces New Member

Anyone been to Woods Canyon this AM after the rains on Wed.? want to see how it held up. want to go, but if its a mud fest, then no dice.

thank you!

2. jae2460

jae2460 Active Member

They opened it today. I rode Cholla-Mathis-Coyote-Cholla-RockIt-Coyote to Wood Cyn back to Canyon View park on Canyon Vistas road this morning. Cholla and RockIt were in good shape, Mathis was a bit chewed up from what looked like the ranger's truck tires and maybe some people who rode it too early (i.e. yesterday), but I've seen it much worse and it'd be nice if some 'character' returns to it after the grading job they did to it recently.

The only unavoidable mud that I saw was on Westridge between RockIt and Mathis--there was a big pool of water that took up the entire trail and you had to ride through it. My bike did get a bit muddy from the ride, but I had a good time--especially on RockIt. I was hoping Mathis would be a fun descent due to the rain, but it was still a bit squirrely to go very fast down it. Went down it the first time in probably a year the other day and it was really sandy.

Conditions should be ideal this afternoon or tomorrow with a little more sun.

3. mgarces

mgarces New Member

Awesome friend. thank you very much. i am looking forward to getting out there this afternoon then!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.