Women's mtb bike ride by Sho-Air/Sonance

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by cgg, Mar 21, 2008.

1. cgg

cgg New Member

For any women interested in mountain bike racing, some women from Team Sho Air will be riding on Sat. Morning at Aliso Woods. We would be happy to have you join us.
    Here is the invitation:

Caroline Goulard/Meredith Ford have planned a women's mtb ride forSaturday, March 22 at 8:30 at Aliso Woods. We'll meet in the parking lot off of Alicia.

Why? Because we want the women mtb team members to get to know each other a little better! Because we want more women to come out
    Who? Those women already on the mtb team.....those women who want to be on the mtb team.....those women who are not sure if they want
    to race or not.

The ride pace and route will depend on who shows. We will leave no one behind.
    RSVP if you can, so we can look for you.

2. Pho'dUp

Pho'dUp Spam Musubi MasherSS

P-line rider
    You may want to PM Singletrack Angel or Vickie one of the other Trail Angels that post on this board. They can send it around to their group of lady riders.

3. cbHarping

cbHarping When can I ride again?

The Path Bike Shop Webmaster
    It may be a hard date for more people to attend, since we've got the huge Marshall Canyon newbie ride that's already scheduled on the same day. Plus it's Easter weekend, that may be a factor for some.

Please keep us in mind for the future!

4. allison

allison Active Member

Home Page:
    Sounds like a cool thing but fairly late notice for this group! We tend to schedule stuff a few weeks in advance.

Hope you ladies have a great time out there, though!

5. tbowren

tbowren New Member

I think this is a great idea. My riding/training partner is super fast and she is always looking for other super fast women to ride with. I will tell her about this for sure, but it IS late notice.

Then I'd have to ride by myself tomorrow..... but I could handle it.

6. sdyeti

sdyeti New Member

Is she an STR member? If not, have her join so she can hook up to train w/ other women if the "team" thing doesn't work out.

7. tbowren

tbowren New Member

Yes she had to join STR so she could sign up for one of the VQ Training Rides, even though she didn't end up going.

I'll try to get her to pay more attention to this place. She doesn't spend nearly as much time on the web as I do.

She crushes people (me especially) with her 5 min Cholla climbs and 12 minute Mathis climbs. Her husband is even faster.