Womens DH Group Ride

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by lil__missy, Sep 10, 2008.

1. lil__missy

lil__missy Fighting "The Man"

Animal Lover
    Womens only group DH ride in Big Bear, CA. Details are not complete. Trying to get some publicity for the few of us that do DH. My contacts are:

MSN - [email protected]

Myspace - myspace.com/lolasashabear

Facebook - Amy Cone

MTBR.com & SoCaltrailriders - Lil__Missy

Please contact me via msn and I will keep you posted as the wrinkles are ironed out. Should have full details in 1-1/2 - 2 weeks. It will be the 4th of October and will be an all day event. We will be taking the scenic sky chair to the top which has some specific requirements on bikes.

1. Bikes must be less than 35 pounds.
    2. Designated tire size must be less than 2.5.
    3. Front shock must have less than 6 inches of travel.
    4. Bikes must have three chain rings unless they are single speed.

I'm not sure how strict they actually are on this since I'm in the guidelines especially since there will be a few of us.

Hope to see many ladies!

2. lil__missy

lil__missy Fighting "The Man"

Animal Lover
    Things may not be looking so good for the DH part of the ride. I have talked to the people at Summit and they are having to be very anal about not letting the big DH bikes up. I am looking into shuttle. Also several trails I intended on bring the girls out on have been shut down. Not only marked illegal they had rangers and volunteers out there blocking entry point, raking shrubbery back and pulling branches over....on the WHOLE trail, not just entry and exit. The other trails we can do are fun. I'm not saying they aren't just not what I planned on. There are also some nasty narly trails beyond my abilities that I may recommend to the pros who show up. Let me know if any one thinks they're going to make it. If we don't do shuttle I recommend bring your freeride bikes.