Wilson Shuttle

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by mottmcfly, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Tedroy

Tedroy Active Member

Designer Web/Graphic
    Home Page:
    I think your moniker says it all.

2. EMrider

EMrider New Member

All good as long as you remain in control and are able to to stop or avoid a collision should you encounter a hiker or uphill rider.

Does an "off the brakes" guy like you always keep it under control? I don't want your mis-judgment to become my or someone else's problem.
    R

3. project_d

project_d Steve Peat Wannabe

I work in a wine shop, so I get paid to drink...ni
    Good memory, Dean. Once that A-hole crashed into a Ranger, he almost ruined it for EVERYBODY!

4. project_d

project_d Steve Peat Wannabe

I work in a wine shop, so I get paid to drink...ni
    Well said, the "as long as I don't mess anything up" is a point people really overlook, I believe.

If you're into crawling over the rocks slowly, and you don't run into others or ruin the trail, then that's great. If you like to keep it pinned and go fast over those rocks, and you don't run into others or ruin the trail, then that's great too!

5. JoeTruth

JoeTruth Active Member

Your statement is fully of oxymorons and hypocrisies. I can't help but think your name is Cruiser and you like telling everyone you like fast cars and fast women.
    It seems you love talking nonsense and insulting people. If that makes you feel like a bigger man then so be it. It's a shame your perspective is so one dimensional. Pin it all you want tough guy but the day you run into another hiker, dog or a horse and get my local trails closed to bikes is when you and I will have a big problem.

6. DownhillWebKook

DownhillWebKook l'homme plus

IT Architect
    Home Page:
    Wrong, wrong, wrong...

...Okay enough of this stuff. I just like to stir up a bit of controversy because a lot of good stuff starts to surface--a little bit heat, a little energy, etc.

I just disagree with your opinion about what kind of riding is appropriate and where. In spite of what you think, it is possible to go fast and huck and do all that nonsense on [some of the] local trails without messing things up for other people.

There's nothing 1-dimensional about extending the concept of the biking aspect of "multi-use" to the point where it is not overtly disruptive and/or destructive, but still pushes the limits a little bit.

I apologize for any insults, if they were taken that way. Just trying to stir up the hornet's nest.

"Cruiser" sounds pretty cool, by the way. I think I might run with that. Thanks for the idea!

7. mottmcfly

mottmcfly New Member

IT tech
    While just about every post here holds water, except the points system which I still think is unfair to the older uphill riders, I will be hosting this ride and I am more than aware of the situation of all trails, while I am bringing a big bike I will be in total control at all times and extremely aware that there might be a hiker/uphill rider/gnome around every corner. In fact, I assume it.

Common courtesy is something I bring to every ride on every trail recognizing that at that very moment of encounter with any trail user, I am representing the entire Mountain Biking community.

So far I have been succuessful in putting forth an image that we care for anyone that cares for these trails. It's our common bond.

I plan on continuing that as long as I am able to ride. So I invite anyone with doubts to join me on any ride and see that your own personal behavior goes a lot further than what bike youre riding.

this is the word of the Mott

See ya Sunday

8. Dino Brown

Dino Brown Sir Smack-Alot

YEAH! :bang: What he said! :clap:

Mt. Wilson you say? 8-[ http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/trailhead/8358-mt-wilson-shuttle-run.html

9. freerider59

freerider59 New Member

What time did you say Mott ?

10. Dino Brown

Dino Brown Sir Smack-Alot