Wildwood Thousand Oaks trail..need tips

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by mantracker, Jul 1, 2009.

1. mantracker

mantracker New Member

Hello,

So, I have been riding in Point Mugu State Park and have ridden most of the trails there so...I think it's time to hit new ones. I'm thinking of taking on Wildwood in Thousand Oaks.
    Any suggestions for a good route that will work out a beginner to intermediate rider?

Appreciate your replies!!

Thanks

2. metalmtbr

metalmtbr Member

IT propeller-head
    I've been to Wildwood a few times but by no means have I been on all the trails. Here's a map of the park:

http://www.cosf.org/website/pdf/wildwood-map.pdf

It's definitely a beautiful area and ideal for beginners/intermediate riders. A good route to try is the Mesa Tr (fire road) to the Box Canyon Overlook to Lizard Rock Tr then finally to my favorite stretch, the Stagecoach Bluff Trail (very nice vista here overlooking T.O. and Newbury Park) - kinda of technical but survivable. I'm up for ride if you do an early Sat ride at some point.

3. mantracker

mantracker New Member

^^ thanks for the tip metalmtbr ;)

I went there this afternoon and opted for the main route first just to familiarize myself with the trails around the park. I thought I'm gonna be toast because of the heat but the cool breeze is what saved me. The place is rockier that what I been used to and the switchbacks down from Lizard Rock are scarier since the land is more barren and there are not much bushes that keeps the sheer drops out of sight. Stagecoach Bluff trail is fun though, although I walked most of it #-o

I might be back there tomorrow morning, don't know the exact time yet.

4. weaksauce

weaksauce New Member

FF
    If your more into fast and flowing singletrack...do the lynnmere trail...park at the main parking lot and go east on arboles...south on lynn and make a right at the trailhead...super fun. you'll drop down and climb back out to the parking lot...also try the los robles trail...super fun...cheers.