why not to ride in arizona!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Petex8, May 7, 2010.

1. Abui

Abui Active Member

Bike beta tester
    What did Beck say that was crazy cruel? Did you hear it or are you repeating talking points?

2. ANIMAL

ANIMAL New Member

i slave tables
    Many conservative right wing tv or radio shows are straight up anti-immigrant and racist. they speak their minds like bigots, are intolerant of any other points of view, and spread propaganda. not all of them, but a lot of big names yeah..why does it matter? cuz people take it seriously and then take it to real action.

3. dstepper

dstepper (R.I.P.) Over the hill

www.themostprogram.com owner
    Home Page:
    Not in Flagstaff, Kaibab Plateau or White Mountains.

Dean

4. thephat

thephat Active Member

Our policy/immigration system is not just. Supporting the system is supporting an unjust system. There really is a lot of fear, hate, power worship etc on the anti immigrant side. The illegal immigrants that I know are mostly conservative, Christian, hard working contributors to society. They are not who we need to be protected from.

5. dstepper

Home Page:
    To believe that one side of this argument spreads anymore propaganda than the other is to show ones own biases. The talking heads are entertainers they need to stir things up to keep ratings. Politicians need to stir things up to get votes. The lemmings regurgitate their lies as fact.

I look at this as much as a state rights issue I believe like minded people should live in areas that align with their believes and other states should respect that. Don't like it don't support them, if LA/SF would have let its people vote on boycott then I would reluctantly support it. Until then it is just a bunch of rating whores and vote whores.

Dean

6. Silver

Silver New Member

I'm a white Canadian.

Tell me, with a straight face, that I will be asked for my green card in Arizona.

If you honestly think I have anything to worry about, you're either as ignorant as a newborn fawn, or a liar.

If you just don't care if citizens of this country who look "Mexican" will get hassled, that's your right. Don't try to pretend that you're on the side of the angels, however.

7. CalEpic

CalEpic member

What really strikes me as comical is the way those that are against this bill label anyone that is for it as racist, etc.

I'm willing to bet that the vast majority have never taken the time to read the bill. The full text as well as a summary are available on-line for your viewing pleasure.

The simple fact is, the Democrats control both houses of Congress and a sitting President. If they had any desire to to reform immigration it would be done. It's laughable for them to say they are waiting for Republicans to come on board or they can't get it done. Where was that attitude when health care was on the table? Republicans are no better. They had their chance as well.

Border states are bearing an unmanageable financial burden and the fed's refuse to act on existing laws. Since states are not able to create their own immigration laws, Arizona simply mirrored the federal law and will supposedly enforce it.

I'm sure all the white apologists would be perfectly fine with a homeless, illegal immigrant encampment in their backyard. :rolleyes:

In the end, I believe this bill will do nothing more than spur action in Washington. But, since the slackers in office now are refusing to do anything until the elections are over, it will be up to a new group of legislators to get things done. I can't imagine anyone voting for an incumbent in the next elections.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2010
  8. Abui

Abui Active Member

Bike beta tester
    So you have no facts. You've gone from naming Beck to generalizing to unnamed TV and radio shows.

9. Abui

Abui Active Member

Bike beta tester

I have no problem showing my ID to police, TSA, etc.
    I never worry, regardless of my skin color.

Since being white relieves you of worry I take the hint that you do not have a green card.

10. Silver

Silver New Member

I have one.

The point is, I don't have to worry about carrying it everytime I leave the house. If I went to Arizona, I still wouldn't worry about carrying it. Why?

BECAUSE I'M WHITE.

11. dstepper

Home Page:
    I would not want to test it, they may be taking whites into custody just to prove they are not profiling. If the law goes into effect and the studies come back that a certain group has been targeted beyond the % of the general population of legal immigrates it would support repeal of the law and lawsuits would be lost. Believe me they will be looking white nationalities to offset numbers.

Dean

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2010
  12. Fewinhibitions

Fewinhibitions Always be a moving target

Creative Arts, Community Service, Politics

Exactly!

13. mfoga

mfoga Intense Whore

Isnt that illegal?

14. TooTech

TooTech Member

env. consultant
    Who are the predominant illegals immigrants in AZ and CA? French nationals?

15. iodine

iodine Member

Analyst, weights and measures.
  16. osmarandsara

osmarandsara Active Member

Immigration is a result of economic and social injustice south of the border.....the US can pass as many laws as it wants...but even here in California, where it is really difficult to participate in society as an illegal (no drivers license, no social security #, etc. etc.) illegal immigrants still abound.....why?

Because the situation back home (pick your Latin American country) sucks much worse.....high unemployment, extremely low wages, lack of opportunity, huge gap between rich and poor, lousy schools, crime, etc.

Some say these immigrants should stay home and try to fix their society's instead of just giving up and going to another country.

Well.....back in the 1990's a group of Mexicans did just that and they were overun by the Mexican Army (remember the Zapatistas and commander Marcos?)

The United States has never (to my knowledge) attempted to tackle illegal immigration by calling out the governments of these countries....the US has leverage (trade, economic aid, etc.) I think the only way to fix this problem is to go to the core of the issue which is underdevelopment (both economic and political) in Latin America...

The US caused regime change in Iraq but south of the border its the same old story.....

17. Lovin

Lovin Calmer 'n you are

So in a nutshell: Someone needs to discover oil in Mexico.

18. Silver

Silver New Member

Yes, and I don't really care.

Kick me out, I'm a dangerous criminal.

(Do you have any idea how hard it is to replace those things? I'm not going to lose my ability to travel to civilized countries just because I lost my wallet or got mugged. Sue me.)

I hope so. The first white citizen that doesn't get home for dinner because he didn't have his birth certificate on him will cause a repeal of the law.

19. osmarandsara

osmarandsara Active Member

What's ironic is that Mexico HAS oil....so much oil in fact that it is the Mexican government's #1 revenue source (Pemex)

It would be like if the US government owned Shell, Chevron, etc. and depended on oil revenues to run the government....Mexico is the 6th largest oil producer in the world....but still 40% of Mexicans live in Poverty (compared that to about 15% of Americans)

So you have to ask, where in the heck is that oil wealth going? Obviously not to improve the lives of the vast number of poor Mexicans....It really pisses me off whenever I run into (wealthy) Mexican nationals vacationing in Las Vegas or skiing in Lake Tahoe or at Mammoth......these people are clueless about how a large chunk of their fellow Mexicans actually live.....(or perhaps they do but they honestly don't give a sh&t)

20. OC rider

OC rider i need a motor

filmmaker, cameraman
    as soon as you resort to calling someone racist in this argument you officially lost!
    its like saying i can kick your @$$, or your mama.