why not to ride in arizona!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Petex8, May 7, 2010.

1. 92se-r

92se-r Active Member

Electrical Engineer
    employers of illegals are mostly white? where are you pulling that statistic out of? if you knew anything about the contracting business, you'd see a lot of business owners that were mexican. i used to do electrical contracting while in college. almost all of the guys that owned these little businesses were mexican, hiring their family from across the border. im talking about mobile car wash companies, carpet cleaning, hvac, construction cleanup, you name it. almost all were mexican owned.
    your self hating white bashing logic also doesnt hold up to scrutiny. you should take your own advice and do some more research before automatically pointing your finger and saying it is all because of white people.

2. dirtvert

dirtvert Whine on!

elementary school teacher
    fine. citizens of all colors hire undocumented workers. but the minute men aren't going after them. and the average fox viewer doesn't seem to care; they place all the blame on the employees. if that's not racist, it's at least a whole lot of misplaced, uninformed anger.

but the fact is- it's mostly a bunch of old white guys in washington that have created the status quo and are perfectly happy to sustain it. the "illegals" are just as much pawns in the game as we are. they're just pawns without rights.

EDIT: you're right, lovin, because in this country vigilantes--even if they're kooks with guns--don't have the authority to arrest people.

dirtymike- no offense, but it sounds like you need to GTFO, because this immigration situation has been the status quo for at least 45 years.

92- i didn't say all the problems were "because of white people." but, yes, i think the majority of employers--when you factor in ag, construction, factories, etc.--are white. it's not self-hating either; i put myself on a pedestal.

:lol:

3. Lovin

Lovin Calmer 'n you are

Yeah, because, last I heard, all the minutemen are outfitted with PDA's that have access to eVerify and have interviewed all of the "suspect employers".

4. gnarboots11

gnarboots11 Member

Civil Engineer
    Pretty much have to agree that the problem lies in the people who hire illegals and bring them here. I wash my own car, I make my own meals never eat out, I do my own yard work, I clean my own home, I redid my own bathrooms, I do my own painting, I do my own shit as much as I can possibly do. There used to be a time when this was the norm, not anymore. Now, everybody just hires slave labor and has it done on the cheap and while it's getting done complains about Mexicans illegally coming here and leaching off the system. The best thing to ever happen in the war on illegal immigration was the shit economy. The economy takes a shit and jobs aren't there anymore and illegal immigration takes a nose dive, go figure. The problem lies in the people who hire illegals, AND WE ARE ALL GUILTY OF THAT.

5. Jmoe29er

Jmoe29er Member

VP Music Accessories Distribution
    Home Page:
    Hello Mexico!! What are you doing to resolve or curb the problems that effect us both???? Not a word on network TV, CNN, Fox...WTH??? Why is this not being asked?? I don't get it?? My 2 cent:?:

6. dirtvert

dirtvert Whine on!

ken- my people mostly drank through the depression. i do think most people would probably do some physical work for their unemployment checks, but everybody's not capable of doing manual labor. some just had their nails done...

:beer:

7. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

Currently they are working on letting teh druglords handle it....... Oh wait, they are doing the opposite......

Honest answer.... Nothing at all, when people come up and send money home, they are stimulating the economy elsewere. Thats the problem.

Oh and anyone who thinks that illegal immigrants dont have rights...... Bullshit, they have more rights than I do. Yeah I said it, MORE rights...... Our law enforcement cant enforce any laws with them because some asshole decided its going to offend someone along the lines if the wrong agency gets involved.....

8. patrick ire

patrick ire New Member

Mechanic not on your bike
    Where's the cactus!!!!

9. osmarandsara

osmarandsara Active Member

Mexico

Mexico does nothing about illegal immigration because it benefits two ways:

1. Mexico benefits BIG TIME from the remittances sent back home by Mexican workers in the USA. It is estimated that in 2003, Mexico received $13.3 Billion in remittances from the USA (that's almost as much as Mexico's foreign oil exports #-o

If the US imposed a tax or levy on these remittances (say, around 40%) I guarantee Mexico would be screaming bloody murder and it would get their attention.

2. Immigration is a social "escape valve" for Mexico......the Mexican power-elite does not have an incentive to change their society to make it more just and economically developed and inclusive....

And of course, US business interests (think agriculture) also benefit from this low-wage, unskilled labor force....

Mexico will not voluntarily do anything about illegal immigration.....you honestly think they are going to post Mexican border patrol officers on their side of the fence? Basically, the only way Mexico will change is by experiencing massive social change in that country....but that would mean Mexico would be "unstable"

And the US benefits from having a stable Mexico south of the border.

You see the bind we are in????

10. gray

gray Tree Hugger

Graphic Designer
    Fixed it for you.

11. Chewyeti

Chewyeti Circus Bear

Gray fires a warning shot over the dirtvert bow....

all in the name of...

wait for it....

"THE WAR ON DOUGS"? :lol:

12. wgb

wgb New Member

Engineer
    Some may not agree with the exact verbage or direction of the new Arizona law, but how many can deny that something needed to be done. The problem is the FED has been dragging its feet on enforcing laws that are already on the books. So because of that, the border states are going to be forced to handle the ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION issues on their own.

At the of the day the discussion is about ILLEGAL immigration. We all know that most of the people are trying to honestly better themselves and their families, but they are doing it illegally. This is the land of oppotunity true, but it must be done legally. So if the illegal immigrants of Arizona and their families don't like it, then they should either take steps to become legal residents or go back to where they are legal citizens.

13. soul rider

soul rider EMPTY V

veal in a cubicle
    "why not to ride in AZ?"
    Are the trails closed?
    I understand in the summer, it gets hot. ;)

14. dirtvert

dirtvert Whine on!

"hey guys. chewy and i don't have anything on-topic to add to the discussion, and we don't have anything better to do, so we signed up for the new "pub mod-in-training program."--gray

we return you now to your regularly scheduled thread...

:beer:

15. gray

gray Tree Hugger

Graphic Designer
    ^^^ Okay, I have something to ad. I'm gonna boycott LA.

City Council Approves Arizona Boycott
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The L.A. City Council voted 13-1 to go ahead with an economic boycott of Arizona over its tough new anti-illegal immigration law.

"Yes, we want comprehensive immigration reform," L.A. City Council member Janice Hahn says. "But this is not the way to do it."

Hahn says the city council resolution will stop all city travel to Arizona and stop city departments from entering into any new contracts with the state.

And that's not all.

"We're going to ask the city to terminate, where possible, all the contracts with businesses in Arizona," Hahn says.

The city's top policy analyst has identified about $56 million in existing contracts that could be ended.
    Hahn says every contract that can be legally ended, should be.

http://www.kfiam640.com/cc-common/mainheadlines3.html?feed=153218&article=7108302

16. gnarboots11

gnarboots11 Member

Civil Engineer
    That's good news, what the hell does the City of LA do anyways except waste money. Anytime they terminate something it's good for all. TERMINATE MORE THINGS PLEASE!

17. Fewinhibitions

Fewinhibitions Always be a moving target

Creative Arts, Community Service, Politics

Effin idiots. They're only looking for votes based on race.

Makes them no better than those that they (and others) have accused of being racist with the AZ legislation.

Thankfully, I don't live in L.A. And FWIW, I consider myself a lefty liberal.

18. DirtymikeTDB

DirtymikeTDB Guest

I dont think I could have put that any better, nor anyone here. LA and San Fransisco can Piss off if they think this is the way things should be handled.... YOu know another state does something to stand up for themselves that some but not most people agree with.... so the few city officials that belive its wrong are going to cut off the spending of money.

Way to ruin peoples lives LA, look at all that money, and look at how many jobs thats going to effect. Dumbass's

Sorry, but for LA to do this is just plain retarded, and I must say that I am embarrassed to be living in a state that would allow one of its city's to behave in such a manor.

Again for the record..... Arizona stepping up and having the balls to actually enforce laws is not a racist thing to do.... Its the right thing to do.
    I think most people are in agreeance that II is a problem, and that currently there is not much being done.... Good for Arizona for doing something, as in anything at all.

Also again for the record, Im sorry for any one and their family that will end up dealing with the fallout of any type of enforcement, but enforcement NEEDS to happen.

19. dirtvert

dirtvert Whine on!

what NEEDS to happen is an intelligent comprehensive reform of immigration that includes some compassion and morality (i haven't heard of a single religious group come out in favor of the law). and to say that arizona's bill isn't at least somewhat racist is either naive or disingenous, coming from the state that ignored the mlk holiday for years. you don't have to spend much time there to figure out that there is no shortage of hate to go around for all minorities.

FEDERAL OVERHAUL A LONG SHOT

Arizona's new law has pushed the immigration debate into the political foreground and rebooted a drive by Obama and Senate Democrats to overhaul federal immigration laws.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and fellow Democrats introduced an outline to revamp the system on April 29. But they have not yet introduced legislation and passage of such a bill is seen as a long shot before November's congressional elections.

Senator Charles Schumer said Democrats were still waiting for a Republican to back their draft legislation, nearly two weeks after it was unveiled.

"You cannot pass an immigration bill unless you have bipartisan support," Schumer, a New York Democrat, told a conference call with conservative evangelical leaders.

"Right now we are unable to have a single Republican to come with us to the table to negotiate a bipartisan bill -- and we need somebody."

The Democrats' plan is based on an earlier outline drafted by Schumer and Republican Senator Lindsey Graham. But Graham has complained that Congress is not yet ready to move on it.

It seeks bolstered border security and introduce a high-tech identification card for immigrant workers. Other steps include employer sanctions and a path to U.S. citizenship for many of the 10.8 million people in the country illegally.

20. Abui

Abui Active Member

Bike beta tester
    Next they can have the DWP stop importing water from the Colorado river.