Ride Report Who's your daddy...aka I RULE!

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by Kid A, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Kid A

Kid A now with 40% more bacon

working 4 da man
    So once a year us old pops get to reign like mofo's in the household and today was the day :bang:

Awoke to my son (5 yrs old) climbing on me informing me he made me b-fast. Wife who's still in bed with me, stares at him with a curious look as clearly whatever was originally planned is already off script. My wife checks it out first and come back with a sinister smile and confirms "breakfast is indeed ready".

i march out to see my sons culinary creation with consists of 1 hard boiled egg, a whole tomato, a pouch of apple/strawberry sauce all alongside a who knows how old slimfast from back of the fridge.

d@mn, was this kid proud of what he did...and his daddy ever prouder.:clap:

So after partaking in this masterful medly of mouthwatering delights (or so i told him :p ); it was off to the dirt for the annual daddy day ride!!! :bang:

I dont typically plan anything special as candidly i always feel a bit guilty jumping out on dads day but wtf it's my freaking day right?!?

So kit up and ride from my house to the trailhead to go get my squish on! Nothing nuts but a decent 20 mile slog with maybe 1500 vert. Actually got in a ride with some friends yesterday so prob the first time in a while i got 2 rides in a wknd (imo nothing tops being a dad but has brought forth minimal ride time at least in my household).

Anyway, arrive home post ride and greeted with a bag full of gifts. The grom (with moms assistance) got me 1) new lezyne micro pump (my old mini pump died last week on camping trip) 2) coffee maker for camping 3) new bike shorts 4) new board shorts. All way cool in my book

Head to the shower to get the stink off me from ride and the wife says when i am done get all our bikes in the truck as we are heading to the beach for a "picnic" and ride. sweet, didnt have to repeat that (even my simple mind can make that out as 3 rides in one wknd!!!!)

We hit HB to ride the path with familia (nothing cooler than riding with my son who rips!) and then chow down including daddy hitting the hops on the downlow. :beer:

we just got back from beach, realize the clock is ticking with ~8 hrs left in the annual "daddy rocks" day so kicking back while my wife and son are passed out from fun in the sun. Sitting here alone i figured i had to share my happy happy joy joy with someone so might as well make it STR. who knows maybe i'll even get to share some more "joy" with the mrs tonight if i play my cards right (wink, wink nudge, nudge)

So here's to me mutha f0ckers (hense the i rule) and i hope all the other pops got to enjoy the day as much as i did. I know at least in my case I will be relegated back to a distant #3 in the household by morning #-o and my riding will go back to something between nill and zero :(

Attached Files:

2. CalEpic

CalEpic member

Looks like you had a pretty good Fathers Day. Congrat's!

3. brown chicken brown cow

brown chicken brown cow Member

Congrats adam, from one cool dad to another...and the rest of the cool dads and their kids!

4. Milano

Milano New Member

Great Father's day in my book! Can't wait to have my own special Dad rules day.

5. jeepseahawk

jeepseahawk New Member

government
    You are spoiled dad, all I got was some old spice and socks.

6. jruiz

jruiz Member

Slimfast...I think your kid is trying to tell you you're fat.

7. strobe

strobe resident noob

No bike gear for me, but, i did get a deli slicer for the counter. Time to hook up some fat sammies. Happy daddy day to the Papa's out there.

8. maxwell

maxwell Dirty Stinky PATH Love

CRASH TEST DUMMY $#%&*^#
    Home Page:
    Adam, in my book, you're truly one of the most rockin' Dads out there! :bang::bang::bang:

Glad you had a super Dad day!!

9. jeffj

jeffj Bloated Mountain B'hiker

Bloated Mountain Biker
    You got socks?

Luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Seriously.

10. guero

guero iFroth

good stuff adam!

11. jeepseahawk

jeepseahawk New Member

government
    Black socks and I'm not even 50 yet.

12. Kid A

Kid A now with 40% more bacon

working 4 da man
    my money is on it being a late game add from the wifey

yep overall a rock solid day. again hope all the other dads had some sun shine on them as well for fathers day

trust me as i awoke this morning it all faded away fast and i'm back to zeta dog in the household :p

13. metalmtbr

metalmtbr Member

IT propeller-head
    Nice. Your son has a knack for food presentation. Everything on the plate color matched! :) My wife and kids took me out for a nice (& expensive) Sushi dinner...but somehow I ended up paying for it. :wave: