Dirt Jumps Whoops 12-6-08

Discussion in 'The Adrenaline Factory' started by Rockinthecasbah, Dec 4, 2008.

1. blender

blender = dirt torpedo =

cee gee soup
    any of you guys down to come out there and put in some shovel time this winter?

lots of people come and ride the jumps, but very few are willing to haul water and dirt to maintain and build new lines.

My buddy and I are trying to get a digging crew together, would be nice to get more hands out there.

2. Rockinthecasbah

Rockinthecasbah A.D.D. Unleased

I build local ,100 miles round trip for me to get too the whoops. We defintly apprciate the work that goes into them, and I am ALWAYS up for digging when im at a spot, ask anyone.

3. blender

blender = dirt torpedo =

cee gee soup
    ouch. that hurts..
    of course this is meant more to attract the local cats that don't have to pack an overnight bag to come out here :lol:

4. DownHillPhil

DownHillPhil Team Rider

Photography
    Yea dude I live in the south bay area so just look me up if you want to get a build day going. I'll need some direction but I'm a hoss so lets throw some dirt :bang:

5. blender

blender = dirt torpedo =

cee gee soup
    awesome.. as soon as we get a little moisture on those jumps, we'll get the party started.
    I'll throw up digging thread when it's time to throwitdown

:beer:

6. Bryguy17

Bryguy17 A little Shaggy

I'm in the same boat. If I'm there, I'm happy to help out a bit though.

likewise, once we get our spot up and going, you're welcome to come by sometime and hit some jumps.

7. blender

blender = dirt torpedo =

cee gee soup
    much appreciated

8. denmother

denmother Gone riding....

405 south to SUNSET BLVD, exit make a RIGHT go approx. 2 miles to KENTER ST. It's at a stoplight. TURN RIGHT go til it DEAD ends in a RESIDENTIAL AREA. Find a place to park on the street.

Geoladders

MTBR

9. W4S

W4S New Member

that's right, in about 2 months the spot won't even look the same. of course, some jumps will have to go but that's the price for progress. can't wait to get going!

10. IMALLSLO

IMALLSLO S G V

Whats the deal? Its pretty much been the same for many many years and most dont have a problem with it. Alot of guys have put in work to get it to where its at now including myself. Please dont go and build beyond what most can handle(ie BMX style or oversized)or youll be askin for alot of people gettin hurt and gettin this place shut down. Leave the line above the gap alone and rebuild after the turn if needed. I dont ride a DJ or hardtail and dont plan on buying one. Please dont F' THIS PLACE UP.

11. W4S

W4S New Member

^^^ dont worry, looking for madd flow AND hang time, make lips and landings bigger with some snap and fun. needs to be a place where you have to spend time to learn but still rewarding for the warrior.

12. blender

blender = dirt torpedo =

cee gee soup
    exactly.. don't nobody get your panties in a bunch
    nothing is getting ruined, only being made better. There are plenty of broken and poorly spaced jumps out there that either need to go, be fixed or be rebuilt. The main line before the gap is money, and will only get some repairs. Kurt put a lot of back breaking work into that, and it would be idiotic to ruin it.

Fact is, the place "has been pretty much the same for many many years" because hardly anyone is willing to come out there and work with completely unworkable "dirt". Most people that don't have a problem with it only come out there once every couple of months. Those who ride there on a regular basis, can see the potential of the place and the need of some major shovel time.

So, let's all get along, grab some shovels and give this place the time it deserves.

13. IMALLSLO

IMALLSLO S G V

Not gettin the panties in a bunch,just dont want to see it turn into a BMX park. Ridden by Mtbikers,built by Mtbikers. Ive hauled my share of painters buckets filled with water pullin the wagon and dont want to see Kurts hard work go to waste. Just lookin out. When you guys are ready,post up and if the snows not callin ill come dig with ya.

14. Rockinthecasbah

bmx park? The line between bmx style dirtjumps and 26er dirt jumps is getting more and more blurred, the number of 26ers at sheep last weekend was almost even with the 20's,
    26ers on steep bmx style lips is where dirt jumping is heading, dirt jumps are about air arent they???

15. blender

blender = dirt torpedo =

cee gee soup
    preach on brotha

16. IMALLSLO

IMALLSLO S G V

26er hardtail,front fork with 1inch of travel. I enjoy boosting my 40+ pound FS squishy.
    [​IMG]

17. blender

blender = dirt torpedo =

cee gee soup
    oh man.. that is oooold school.. how can you say that the place has pretty much stayed the same over the years?! #-o
    the new jumps look like they ate these baby jumps for breakfast

18. Rockinthecasbah

nothing agianst full squish , i have seen people hit BMX type super lippy dirtjumps on an 8.8 inch bike,
    for a place like the whoops a big bike can hit the super lippy with no problem s because its downhill and you can keep your speed up

19. Bryguy17

Bryguy17 A little Shaggy

honestly, I'm pretty happy with the whoops how they are now. I would likely leave most of it as it is.

few things:

the spine/hip right before the 4-pack needs work. lots of potential for a sweet little stunt, but it's blown up and awkward right now.

there seems to be a ton of random kickers to nowhere up above that. kinda weird, and it's hard to know what actually has a landing.

a lot of the jumps aren't well suited for the downhill nature of the whoops. example: the tables down at the bottom could really be a bit longer, so that you don't have to scrub speed in between each jump. It's not as noob friendly, but if you leave them as tables, they're still good to learn on...

20. wimp67

wimp67 show me, don't tell me

pool tech
    Home Page:
    my daughter (18yo) and i love to play on the "coaster" but spend most of our time jumping the gap and rhythm sections that follow. my posse is usually the first to make modifications (where necessary) so my question is - "are folks not making mods because they're lazy, or because they don't see the need"? we don't hit the "monsters". just wondering what effect (if any) these mods would have on the rest of the run? thanks in advance for respectfully appreciating my thoughts!! your bro :beer: