Who new LPQ could dish out such abuse!

Discussion in 'Rider Down' started by evdog, Jul 30, 2008.

1. GP_pilot

GP_pilot Epic Builder

Vicodin?

2. Dirty Boo

Dirty Boo Red Hot Sloths woman

Just wondering if this is the same trail me and hubby aren't supposed to detail in public forums.

3. jSatch

jSatch MTBGremmie

Yup, but according to this thread, as I understand it anyway, the city of San Diego is requiring that all trails in that area either be mapped or shut down.

http://www.socaltrailriders.org/for...0-city-sds-plans-tunnels-trails-revealed.html

Please go over to the thread and give it a look. I met a guy on the trail a week ago who was mentioning that they may shut it down completely. I already sent a letter in to:

Kristy Forburger, City of San Diego MSCP
    202 C Street, 5th Floor, San Diego, CA 92101

The more letters we can get to her, the better the chances we can keep it open. Please, keep your letters professional (business letterhead would be a plus). Unfortunately, it is my understanding that all the trails, IF THEY ARE TO BE KEPT OPEN AT ALL, will have to be mapped out.

Maybe I'll finally see where tunnels 5 is. ;)

From 'crossings', if you go up and out and swing around past the cross on the mesa you can drop back down into tunnels. Went there a couple of weeks ago- too loose now in those last 2 steep sections for my lowly skills. Came very close to having an intimate affair with a tree. Sounds like where evdog crashed.

BTW- I found this STR site from the cool dude that warned us about the possible closure of tunnels. So, double thanks to him. Now let's hope we can keep it open.

Hope you're feeling better by now evdog! Modern (pharmaceutical) medicine is a wonderful thing.