Who does Racers and Chasers every weekend?

Discussion in 'Racing and Training' started by PassatBoy101, May 30, 2008.

1. PassatBoy101

PassatBoy101 New Member

Giant Sales / Student
    I am thinking about starting to sign up for these, anyone else do these every weekend? How does it work out? Is it the same course as the 12hrs of Temecula and only one lap, or what it be?

2. m210

m210 New Member

art director, designer
    Home Page:
    planning on doing a couple at the end of june/early july. the race scene/event calendar here in o.c. has been pretty busy and i haven't found it necessary to get more racing in. but i'd like to get over there and support their races, even if just for the last couple...
    seems like a great grass-roots series. looking forward to heading over.

3. allison

allison Active Member

Home Page:
    I believe they do a different course than 12 hours (usually no Dam Climb) IIFC. I've heard they are about 7 mile courses. Different every week.

I think 1 lap beginner, 2 lap sport, and 3 expert/pro? That would be my guess.

Herber has results I think, so you can see who goes out there.

I heard a few KHS pro's were out there last weekend.

4. atomrat

atomrat New Member

Robert does change the course every weekend. Makes it hard to judge how well you would do by looking at past results, unless you know how you would do against another racer.

It is a lot of fun. Robert keeps the course down in the valleys with short hill climbs. He doesn't like Hike-a-Bike type racing, so you shouldn't see much of it. He has also been working on building new trails to change it up even more.

It is worth it. I wish I could go out every weekend. To busy at the moment.

5. lukewiens

lukewiens New Member

a great way to dial in your speedwork for $15. i have raced a couple of times...both a lot of fun. usually you will get some super fast guys out there too...but usually it is a broad range of athletes and the vibe is totally chill.

i know several people who use these races while in their build phases. you just simply cannot simulate race paced sessions by yourself. if you can....or you think you can....more power to ya!

great way to build fitness and pick a pro's brain!