Whiting to Luge, great day on the dirt

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by so cal shaggy, May 24, 2012.

1. so cal shaggy

so cal shaggy New Member

Food purchaser
    Decided to ride Whiting today after work with my buddy Marco, we planned to just do a short loop but at the cattle pond loop trail we ran into a couple of guys (Lose and Alex)that asked us how to get to the Luge. I showed them on the map where they needed to go and we went on our way, after cattle pond on our way up to Mustard I suggested we wait for them and ride the Luge. It has been a number of years since I rode it and my buddy was on his brand new bike so he was eager to put some extra miles on it. We waited at 4 corners, we introduced ourselves to them and asked if they minded if we join them they said sure and looked a bit glad since they had never been over there they were happy to have a guide :). The weather this afternoon was perfect and the trail was great, lots of wildflowers in bloom and the dirt was nice. They managed the trail with no problems and no one had any serious spills, one of them had a minor mishap and had a nice bloody knee towards the end but nothing major. It was an epic ride although when I got home I had two nice sized ticks already embedded in me, one on my leg and one on my back #-oso if you guys are reading this Alex and Jose give yourselves a once over for the little suckers.

2. Bonsainut

Bonsainut Was ich nicht weiß...

Ticks on the Luge? What is the world coming to?!

3. so cal shaggy

so cal shaggy New Member

Food purchaser
    :lol: yeah, I know that place is full of them but I have never had an issue and have never even found any crawling on me after a ride. My buddy used to find at least one on himself on every ride no matter where we were so I just assumed they did not care for me but you know what happens when you assume something :).